Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have recently changed my clutch on my 2007 redline. I got it all back together and went to test drive it and the passenger side CV axle popped. I am going back and reinstalling the sub-frame using the instructions from the gm performance manual. But it seems that my passenger side ball joint and the knuckle it goes into are about one inch more apart than they should be. If the put them together as is, it over extends the cv axle to its full limits. I've read that the engine and trans must be aligned right. But I can not find how to do that. I know I had some twisting when I had everything apart. So I'm sure that i just need to align it. Can someone tell me how to do this or point me into the right direction. Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I should have an answer for you tomorrow, as I plan to support the motor and realign my subframe.

There should be alignment holes for the subframe to align with the unibody. I seriously doubt there's an inch of play though.

What brand CV axle? I know that any brand other than GM or NAPA are known for being too short.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have an answer for you tomorrow, as I plan to support the motor and realign my subframe.

There should be alignment holes for the subframe to align with the unibody. I seriously doubt there's an inch of play though.

What brand CV axle? I know that any brand other than GM or NAPA are known for being too short.
Thanks. I got the percesion brand from O'reillys. I measured and they are the same length. So I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts