Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just got a 04 RL and i was wondering what i should do to it first....i was thinking about adding on a glass pack to make it sound better but other than that i have no idea what to do for performance wise

help please?

·
I'm hungry
6,735 Posts
think about where you want to be with this car, and what you want to do with it... set some goals, and ideas on what you want to do, and then do some research on things that may interest you. then you can come back and ask some more detailed questions which will result in more detailed answers.

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Yeah a glass pack will be way loud and obnoxious sounding! Get a Borla turbo muffler, it'll sound nice. Start with cooling mods, pulley, injectors, and a tune.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i don't reallly know how to be more specific, since i just got it and don't know what people do to the redlines, and im fairly new to this so i was just wanting tips on what you would add first if u were making a sleeper

my friend and i were talking and we didn't know how a glass pack would sound on it, we think a cherry bomb would sound sweet

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
nope. the more mufflers you add to this car the better it sounds. if you looking for a sleeper glass pack is the wrong direction. honestly after all the exhaust work I have done the best bang is an over the axle replacement and a nice borla. then do what watts said.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Meth injection with a tune look over at the parts for sale. :)

·
OG Factory Freak
17,332 Posts
well i don't reallly know how to be more specific, since i just got it and don't know what people do to the redlines, and im fairly new to this so i was just wanting tips on what you would add first if u were making a sleeper

my friend and i were talking and we didn't know how a glass pack would sound on it, we think a cherry bomb would sound sweet
Since you're "fairly new to this", maybe you should figure out what you want to do with the car. Suspension? Desired Power level? Price range of mods you can afford? Do some searching to figure out what interests you, then come back and ask us questions that are easier to answer.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
HIGHLY suggest pedal covers if you can't heel-toe downshift comfortably.

that will be my first mod to EVERY future car if neccessary.

if you don't know what heel-toe downshifting is, learn before you modify your car.

after that, upgrade brakes and tires. true max or extreme summer tires and a set of snow tires on steel wheels if applicable.

after that, figure out what you feel is lacking, be it power, suspension, wheel hop issues, or if you simply need more driver mod.

the car bone stock is capable of so much.

·
Registered
669 Posts
HIGHLY suggest pedal covers if you can't heel-toe downshift comfortably.

that will be my first mod to EVERY future car if neccessary.

if you don't know what heel-toe downshifting is, learn before you modify your car.

after that, upgrade brakes and tires. true max or extreme summer tires and a set of snow tires on steel wheels if applicable.

after that, figure out what you feel is lacking, be it power, suspension, wheel hop issues, or if you simply need more driver mod.

the car bone stock is capable of so much.
Screw brakes and tires, just make it go fast. Get a 2.5 pulley and about 150 wet shot

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
Why do I get the feeling the op is going to say next "I wuz hoping to put NAWZ on it next ZOMG!"

Or

"Wut kind of neons fit best under the car"

I'm guessing we've got a highschooler here...which potentially means the ruin of a redline. INTERVENTION TIME!

OP....don't put a damn thing on that car without consulting us first. We needs to schools you. You want a glasspack to "sound cool" with this car. NO! If you want the car to sound cool get an intake. End of sounding cool need with this car. Brand new....about 250 used....who knows.

You want cheap power? Look in our forums entitled "Tuning and electronics" and find someone close to you with HP Tuners. We'll find someone on here selling 42# injectors. And lastly we'll find you a suitable pulley (2.9) In fact I know someone in MN who has the pulley for sale now. Total cost...maybe about 350 bucks for 35-40 horse.

Any other ?'s?

Ben

·
I'm bi-winning
900 Posts
I'd start with mounts and cooling. That gives you a solid foundation to build off of.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why do I get the feeling the op is going to say next "I wuz hoping to put NAWZ on it next ZOMG!"

Or

"Wut kind of neons fit best under the car"

I'm guessing we've got a highschooler here...which potentially means the ruin of a redline. INTERVENTION TIME!

OP....don't put a damn thing on that car without consulting us first. We needs to schools you. You want a glasspack to "sound cool" with this car. NO! If you want the car to sound cool get an intake. End of sounding cool need with this car. Brand new....about 250 used....who knows.

You want cheap power? Look in our forums entitled "Tuning and electronics" and find someone close to you with HP Tuners. We'll find someone on here selling 42# injectors. And lastly we'll find you a suitable pulley (2.9) In fact I know someone in MN who has the pulley for sale now. Total cost...maybe about 350 bucks for 35-40 horse.

Any other ?'s?

Ben

wow ben you are good, i am in high school but it's not the end of the redline since im into cars and going to go to school to become a mechanic
i just recently got the redline so i was getting suggestions on wat to add onto it first of all

any money i put into it is going to be engine wise......i dont feel need for body work

·
Registered
669 Posts
Buy cooling mods, mounts, exhaust, and intake. Buy everything that doesnt require a tune and install it. All of this will be your "foundation" for upgrading. Then buy injectors and smaller pulley, and get it tuned. Look into E85 as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts