Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting close to needing new tires and I was wondering if anyone had replaced theirs. I am curious what y'all suggest for replacement tires. I had heard that the veh was kinda dsigned around that tire, and I was wondering what people had replaced them with and how they are working out. Are they better than the stock tires, ride quality, price, etc..

Thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
here is a review thread from another board.

i suggest we do something similar here as members are already replacing tires, and some already have. it'd be nice to have a review of each tire so we can compare our options for performance vs. durability since some want them to last and some are for all out performance

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure that someone has replaced their tires already, right? I have 18k and I need 2. I am going to rotate them to the back and probably get another 6k out of them, but who knows. Are y'all getting longer life? I rotate mine every 6k.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
My opinion is that if you're going to replace 2 tires, replace them with the Dunlops that came on the car - mismatched tires just LOOK tacky, it's not even about performance. If you don't want to buy Dunlops again, just spring for all 4. Good luck though.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I think we should also start a sticky thread like they had done on the Tiburon forums. It seems like it would be very benneficial, being more and more people are going to start changing the tires now (other than for winter). Knowing which ones people have put on our cars, and the good or bad effects they have would be cool. By the way, nice sig Monkey^^^.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be buying all 4 at the same time. I am just curious to hear from some RL owners what tires they have personally put on their RL's and how they are working out. Also, I am curious what kind of treadlife others are getting. I realize that this depends heavily on how a person drives, but I'm still curious. Hell, I do a lot of high speed cornering since I live out in the country on a windy road, so my sidewalls are wearing down. Just curious

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
By the way, nice sig Monkey^^^.
Thanks! I posted about it in the picture/media post, but nobody seems to show any love there.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Jim Lewis has different tires on his RL. See THIS link for info on them. Look about half way down the page.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I was looking at the KDW 2's and I think I'm gonna have to go with those. Most reviews I read from people with focus's, srt-4's, to cobra's, and a 500whp (claimed) Evo 8 love the KDW 2's. So, I think I might just have to give them a try.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This is funny I just blew a front tire and need to replace the other. I have 20K miles on them and should have replaced them at 15K, so no fault on the Dunlop's. I went with the Yokohama AVS ES100 and have to say, only needed two, that for $280 for everything driving out the door is not a bad price and they are definately compariable to the Dunlop S9000. I notice myself laying of the gas as much though because I dont want to replace tires every 10K to 15K.
Here's where I bought them www.discounttire.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts