Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just noticed yesterday that my sunroof was leaking after an automatic car wash. Water all through the middle, into the dome light and splashed in the center of back seat. Anybody have a clue? Gaskets likely? Doesn't look like there is one in rear or top.

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
The drain probably popped off. Its pretty common

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
They have little drain tubes that come off them at the corners going to the pillara

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Probably have to lower the headliner a bit. I can't remember

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh hey, thanks for inquiring. I couldn't find this thing or things. To be honest I have developed a more pressing issue. It sounds like something in my right front section is scraping as the wheel turns. Not a heaviness to it like a load bearing thing. Sounds like thin metal to me with varous pitches like thin sheet metal got caught up around the hub. Not affecting breaking, turning or acceleration as far as I can tell. Should have time to really look at it tomorrow, finally. Will check out sun roof if this other issue isn't all consuming

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think it has to do with the fact that it's warming up now again, mine was dripping a bit on the back a few weeks ago when it was raining but I massaged the seal and it's no longer leaking.

Do you have a roof rack? Is it screwed on tightly; if I recall some members had problems with the anchor points leaking water due to not having the holes covered or not having their racks screwed in tight enough.

Regarding the drains, when I pulled my roof apart last year I found that the front driver's drain tube wasn't clogged but was snagged between the trim piece and the a-pillar which kinked it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, no roof rack. That would seem counter productive in my opinion. I pulled the head liner down a bit and referred to the manual and got nowhere. There is a good bit of wind whipping through it and maybe somewhere else. Evidence is piling up pointing to a decent accident sometime in it's past. Tried adjusting with button control and it just looks to me like it doesn't fit tightly enough but the seal looks healthy all way round

1 - 11 of 11 Posts