Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 04 Saturn ion redline and it’s been regularly maintenance. But my supercharger isn’t really working anymore. It still pulls and has a slight whine but nothing like when I first had it. There’s no lights and I don’t know what the problem is, anybody else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
What are you experiencing? Is there low power or rpms not responsive?

How's your belt? SC coolant ok and pump working?

Do you have an aftermarket intake or stock?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you experiencing? Is there low power or rpms not responsive?

How's your belt? SC coolant ok and pump working?

Do you have an aftermarket intake or stock?
Rpms aren’t responsive. Like all the power isn’t there and around 3500 rpms it’s like it doesn’t continue to get power just kinda idles then I can feel it go srounr 5k rpms. And I have a stock intake, and the Sc coolant, you mean oil? Because I changed that about 3ks miles ago, and pump?

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Rpms aren’t responsive. Like all the power isn’t there and around 3500 rpms it’s like it doesn’t continue to get power just kinda idles then I can feel it go srounr 5k rpms. And I have a stock intake, and the Sc coolant, you mean oil? Because I changed that about 3ks miles ago, and pump?
I should have said intercooler pump, sorry

have you cleaned the throttle body ?

Why do you think it it your Supercharger - just curious?

Have you checked for "air" leaks in the hoses and intake etc.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have said intercooler pump, sorry

have you cleaned the throttle body ?

Why do you think it it your Supercharger - just curious?

Have you checked for "air" leaks in the hoses and intake etc.?
I think it’s the supercharger because it lost its whine. Even in 2nd I’ll get it up to 5k rpms and there’s no whine anymore but it still pulls some. And I haven’t checked for any air leaks or anything, it idles good so idk. And I did clean the throttle body and it’s in good shape.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I have gotten better sound from my supercharger over the last year - it is a raspy sound

and sometimes when outside colder temps, a growling tiger,.

I remember for years it was not even noticable.

I have a new magnaflow resonator so I think that it helps with the exhaust

-this thing gets really loud and I sometime worry it will "break the exhaust"

Also installed a ZZP fuel filter

and ZZP stage 2 belt

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think it’s the supercharger because it lost its whine. Even in 2nd I’ll get it up to 5k rpms and there’s no whine anymore but it still pulls some. And I haven’t checked for any air leaks or anything, it idles good so idk. And I did clean the throttle body and it’s in good shape.
Has it gotten noisy? Like previously stated, how old is the belt, it could be slipping and you wouldn’t even notice it. How many miles are on it? If it’s very high mileage, it could have lost efficiency through wear in the rotor pack housing.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
if you can video the idle - post it here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts