Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you had a loud clanging noise coming from the s/c? Mine just started today and I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow to get it checked out. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Car has 3000 miles on it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I haven't heard my supercharger making any funny noises but, I just got back from me and my friend tearing some of my towns back roads apart, and on one of the straight away’s I hit 120 easy, but decided to slow down. Then no more than one min. later my back end starts making this knocking noise?

·
Registered
291 Posts
ah that knocking sound i'm glad someone else heard it i thought i was nuts. only happens when i'm sitting in a parking lot waiting kinda sounds like someone knocked on my trunk. I think maybe something might be heating up but i'm not sure it's wierd

·
Registered
190 Posts
CSCC 148 said:
Any of you had a loud clanging noise coming from the s/c? Mine just started today and I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow to get it checked out. just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Car has 3000 miles on it.

Thanks!
The noise is just the supercharger breaking in. Although you have 3,000 plus miles on the car. It just takes some time!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Action Jack said:
I haven't heard my supercharger making any funny noises but, I just got back from me and my friend tearing some of my towns back roads apart, and on one of the straight away’s I hit 120 easy, but decided to slow down. Then no more than one min. later my back end starts making this knocking noise?
I had this noise too, almost exact same scenario as you. Was going 120 and got on the brakes hard then a weird noise. It must be something heating up because it went away after a few minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts