Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His there someone who had already done it and can tell me if we can change and reinstall the pulley on the Cobalt SS supercharger without removing the blower from the car ? Thanks !!!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
From what I understand, you do. There may be another way, we were just discussing this in another thread. Another Cobalt owner asked if we had to remove the blower, like they do on the Cobalt, so I think you're gonna have to. I hear it's quite easy.

484 Posts
For The Pulley Install For Cobalt Ss

SoCal Redline said:
It isn't possible.
THIS HAS BEEN GONE OVER BEFOR,HERE GOSE PUSH DOWN ON THE TENTIONER PULLEY REMOVE BELT UNDO INTAKE HOSE PULL OFF TO THE SIDE DISCONNECT EVAP TUBE AT THROTTLE BODY DISCONNECT INLET SENSOR WIRE DISCONNECT PLUG AT THE THROTTLE BODY REMOVE 2 SCREWS THAT HOLD THE FILL TUBE FOR THE INNER COOLER REMOVE 4 ALLEN BOLTS THAT HOLD THE SC IN PLACE CAREFULLY LIFT & GUIED OUT THROUGH THE UPPER RAD HOSE BECAREFUL OF THE DOWEL PINS THIRS 2 IN THE INTAKE THAT HOLD THE SC / GASKET IN PLACE PUT SC ON TABLE USE SC PULLEY PULLER & REMOVE PULLEY , USE THE INSTALL TOOL PUT PULLEY ON & REVERSE THE STEPS TO INSTALL THE SC SHOULD TAKE THE AVEAGE PERSON UNDER 45 MIN

484 Posts
Not To Disagree With Anyone On The Rl Sc I Have Heard Of Some People Not Removing The Sc Its Just That I Find It Real Hard To Get The Pulley Puller Inbetween The Idler, Plus No Room For The Tool.
If Someone Knows Another Way Then Cool I Just Find It Easyer To Remove The Sc The Job Only Take 20 Min, And I Have Done My Share Of Pulley Installs :d

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
G Cham 05 silver redline said:
Not To Disagree With Anyone On The Rl Sc I Have Heard Of Some People Not Removing The Sc Its Just That I Find It Real Hard To Get The Pulley Puller Inbetween The Idler, Plus No Room For The Tool.
If Someone Knows Another Way Then Cool I Just Find It Easyer To Remove The Sc The Job Only Take 20 Min, And I Have Done My Share Of Pulley Installs :d
Agreed, I can get the sc off in about 5 minutes now. Its very easy.

·
Registered
716 Posts
THIS HAS BEEN GONE OVER BEFOR,HERE GOSE PUSH DOWN ON THE TENTIONER PULLEY REMOVE BELT UNDO INTAKE HOSE PULL OFF TO THE SIDE DISCONNECT EVAP TUBE AT THROTTLE BODY DISCONNECT INLET SENSOR WIRE DISCONNECT PLUG AT THE THROTTLE BODY REMOVE 2 SCREWS THAT HOLD THE FILL TUBE FOR THE INNER COOLER REMOVE 4 ALLEN BOLTS THAT HOLD THE SC IN PLACE CAREFULLY LIFT & GUIED OUT THROUGH THE UPPER RAD HOSE BECAREFUL OF THE DOWEL PINS THIRS 2 IN THE INTAKE THAT HOLD THE SC / GASKET IN PLACE PUT SC ON TABLE USE SC PULLEY PULLER & REMOVE PULLEY , USE THE INSTALL TOOL PUT PULLEY ON & REVERSE THE STEPS TO INSTALL THE SC SHOULD TAKE THE AVEAGE PERSON UNDER 45 MIN
When I said "it isn't possible" it was in response to jmc007, asking if it could be done on an ss without removing the s/c.
Please read the entire thread before climbing your soapbox.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Oh.... and psi-fi installs pullies on the rl without removing the s/c. If it were easier and faster to remove the s/c, I suspect they would do it that way.

484 Posts
SoCal Redline said:
When I said "it isn't possible" it was in response to jmc007, asking if it could be done on an ss without removing the s/c.
Please read the entire thread before climbing your soapbox.
I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS IMPOSSIBL TO AS FAR AS THE RL IS CONCERNED I SAID ITS EASIER TO REMOVE THE SC BUT ONTHE COBALT ITS IMPOSSIBLE & I DID READ THE ENTIRE THREAD EXCUSE ME FOR SAYING RL INSTEAD OF COBALT IN THE EARLIER POST

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Special Pulley tool or 3-jaw puller ??? What about the gasket ?

For those who remove the blower from the car, what exact tool did you use to remove the pulley from the blower's shaft ?

Does the gasket between the blower and the intake manifold can be damaged by removing the blower ?

484 Posts
jmc007 said:
For those who remove the blower from the car, what exact tool did you use to remove the pulley from the blower's shaft ?

Does the gasket between the blower and the intake manifold can be damaged by removing the blower ?
IVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GASKET & THE PULLEY REMOVER / INSTALL TOOL WAS MADE JUST FOR DOING SC PULLEY SWAPS. CK YOUR PM'

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
jmc007 said:

its a rubber gasket so it is fairly hardy as far as gaskets go.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Yea, I can't see how you'd get it off without pulling the blower, I wonder what kinda puller they're using.

·
Registered
411 Posts
There is NO WAY that you are getting off the pulley safely without taking the supercharger off (on the Cobalt SS/SC). I used the ASP tool and I had to remove the supercharger. It's too simple to not take off the supercharger.

G Cham 05 silver redline whats up with the capslock? :confused:

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i think his is the work comp that is used for invoices and is set to stay as caps lock on all the time so no changeing it.

484 Posts
pclear9061 said:
i think his is the work comp that is used for invoices and is set to stay as caps lock on all the time so no changeing it.
ya i was at my work cp sorry for the capslock

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
shit happens

1 - 17 of 17 Posts