Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dyno numbers are really kool, but who has made suspension changes so that they can make thier Redline Quadcoupe TURN?

I might try autocrossing my Redline with SCCA. The car is grouped with the SRT4 and WRX in D Stock for 2005. Sounds like a tall order.

Anybody got any suggestions?

I'm also interested in track days, so any road racers' comments would be welcome.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
There are some springs out there, few people here have swapped them in, I was looking into some new shocks, a strut tower brace, and was gonna swap out the front and rear swaybar bushings this week/end.

I'd really like to beef up the brakes even more, but they're good for now.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
There are some results posted around here for one session, the Redline involved finished 11th, I think it bested all the WRXs and SRTs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Redline handles better than the SRT-4 and WRX. Having driven all the cars, the Redline has a more linear power band and the SRT and WRX are more peaky, which is not benificial on an autocross course. I'd say try autocrossing stock first, if you do a bunch of mods it will knock you into a faster class.

If you want springs, the B and G's look interesting, but I can't get the spring rates on them. And I refuse to change springs until I can get the rates, as well as the stock rates.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry, forgot to mention tires.

Street tires, for best grip I'd run the Falken Azenis Sports RT-215 or the new RT-615. The next best are Kumho MX. I recommend the 225/45/17 size

If you are buying R-compound tires, Hoosier A3SO4's are the best is that size now, but I'll be running Kumho Victoracer V700's becasue they last longer and are $150 cheaper a set and I'm not going for a National Championship (yet). If the Kumho Escta V710 ever comes on in that size, I'd be all over that.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I would check the scca rule book. I have a friend who has been autocrossing a focus with scca for 2 years now. He tells me that in the stock class you are only allowed minimum changes and springs arent one of them. He tells me that I can put racing tires on there and I could change the shocks. You cant even change out bushings, except for stock ones. I wanted to put some tougher engine mounts on my car but he says that will even bump me up to the next class which is really competitve. I would suggest that you check the rule book before you make any changes or you might not be able to run in the stock class.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts