Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched but didnt come up with anything. Has anyone bought a sway bar yet like the one from progress. If so thoughts? Is it worth it/ can you feel a difference.

Thanks!
Eric

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have it, but I don't have a redline, I have a regular ION sedan instead. Makes a world of difference. I use to take on-ramps at about 65 kms and be saying "ok maybe I should slow down now..." but now I can take the same on-ramps at 95 kms and feel more sense of security through the turns.

Again, this is kms/hour I am speaking of, not MPH.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Im not sure if a the sway is much bigger than our stocker.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You just have the rear one SD?

I could see going up on the rear bar, not the front. I'm not sure that any of them are meant for the Redline yet. I think they're all Ion ones that will fit the Redline. For what it's worth, they run no sway bar on the Cobalt race cars, the road coures ones, not the dragsters. I forget what they use for the rear set up, something adjustable and complicated to my knowledge...

·
Registered
391 Posts
the rear has a sway bar? when i was putting in my springs it apeared to be a torsin bar was between both spring cups. didnt remember seeing a sway bar.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
BlackLine said:
the rear has a sway bar? when i was putting in my springs it apeared to be a torsin bar was between both spring cups. didnt remember seeing a sway bar.
It runs through the odd axle thing back there... I had to look for a couple of mins to see it. Kinda odd, not at all what I'm used to seeing, but it's there... kinda hidden in most views from everywhere other than right under it.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Hmmm... now I'm confused it says:

The stock beam axle in the Cobalt has a welded-in sway bar
that tucks under the perforated beam axle. This setup is not
adjustable.

I have to go look again... :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
the bar is there I have seen it. I cant figure out how its in there or even why but when its on a lift you can see it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts