Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the dummy button to the right of the hazard button comes out? I'm looking to install a switch and was wondering if anyone has used that before. It seems to be a perfect place for a functional button....

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
On the normal ions, that is where the traction control button goes, so yes it SHOULD come out. I have never tried though, nor have I pulled that plastic piece off to see.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Someone on here has a switch in that spot. I'm not sure who right now, maybe NavyMitch? Ummm... not sure...

·
Registered
863 Posts
wonder if a hazard switch would fit (rub off the hazard emblem)....arm a n2o system....yeah that would be stealth....anyone have the part number for the hazard switch???

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes it comes out, just snaps out the back.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
yes i took that dummy switch out boucht a switch from the auto store and put it on there. it didnt fit exactly so i had to drill the whole a little bigger if you want a pic let me know.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, bokathug can you throw up a pic for me?? thanks....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes the switches come out, but not very easily. I got a hold of a junked bezel assembly just for the extra switches and I cracked the darn thing in both locations just trying to get them out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i was looking at it yesterday and the damn thing seemed like a bitch to remove, any suggestions on making it easier??? I dont want to F it up...

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Once you pull the entire radio bezel out and remove the emergency light cable and look at the back of the fake button you can see that it is being held in place by 3 plastic wedges that fit into the bezel. All you have to do is find some of kind of icepick or something and push the plastic on the fake button in so that it can slide out of its position, then just find any kind of rocker switch and it should snap in place. I did this on my QC3 the day I got it and when I traded it in for the RL the first thing I did again was this mod. Here's a picture of my car with it done.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
SatredL said:
Speaking of dummy buttons, has anyone thought of a push button starter?
You'd be a little hard pressed to find the system. Don't the push button starts also come with the remote starts? I have not a clue. But i do know that most places won't even come close to a 5spd car with an remote start system.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Oh you can get them. There's a couple of different options to assure the car is in N before it will come on. I know of at least one, that require you hit the button on the remote, put the car in N, turn the key to off and take it out, the car keeps running for like 30 sec, and then shuts off. This assures that the car is in N. Maybe you hit the button on the the remote to turn it off, I think that's how it goes...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts