Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of the "egg yolk" appearance of your car? Well I was too so I opted to buy the Silverstar turn signals. Yes, there are other alternatives to get rid of the "egg yolk" such as clear bulbs, but I wanted the silverstars because of their cool color and appearance. First, installation is painless and probably the easiest installation you will ever do on your car. Of course this is attributed to the location and placement of the bulb housing and not the bulbs themselves...but anyways. So once installed, you will notice that the "egg yolk" effect is gone and replaced with a mix of colors: light blue, pink, purple, and amber. When the lights are on, they are still amber but brighter than the stock ones. As for reliability, I've had them for about 5 months now and they still work. The only problem is that it looks like that more amber shows up now than the other colors when the lights are off. Maybe this is what it does when its been used a while? Don't know, maybe it's just my eyes ;)
Final Verdict: They're not revolutionary by any means, you can always get clear bulbs for a totally clear look, but they do look very cool and get rid of the "egg yolk" effect. I recommend them to anyone who wants to get rid of the "egg yolk" but doesn't want clear bulbs.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i love them :D if your headlights are too bright and your pulling home late you can have these shine enough too see where your going and not have bright ass lights shining everywhere :D :p

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ya know, I think we should be rating the 'Installation Difficulty' the opposite way that most of us have been. For instance, an easy install should be '10', and a hard install should be '1'. Else it brings the review score down...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sp00ner said:
Ya know, I think we should be rating the 'Installation Difficulty' the opposite way that most of us have been. For instance, an easy install should be '10', and a hard install should be '1'. Else it brings the review score down...
I agree, or have an option where you can pick what kind of product it is, so that like if you're reviewing lights like this, there isn't an option for audibility and power increase to bring it down.

·
Registered
271 Posts
another bulb to check out are the APC titan bulbs. They are amber (or whichever color you are looking for) with chrome paint over them. The result... when the bulbs are off they blend in flawlessly with reflective headlights and clear corners. When they are on, they are nice and legal amber.

·
Registered
163 Posts
10 bucks, 10 minutes, 10 times as sexy, everyone should buy these!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Time for my retarded question....These would be for the actual Turn signals or the DRL's pointing toward the Saturn logo? I've never looked at my turn signals to admire/dislike their color.

**I purchased a set of them. Sweet jesus for 10 dollars its one of the slickest things I've seen! Looks just as good during the day as it does at night. I recommend this to anyone.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Time for my retarded question....These would be for the actual Turn signals or the DRL's pointing toward the Saturn logo? I've never looked at my turn signals to admire/dislike their color.

**I purchased a set of them. Sweet jesus for 10 dollars its one of the slickest things I've seen! Looks just as good during the day as it does at night. I recommend this to anyone.
they are called "parking lights" so the ones in front in the same housing as the headlight, not sure if that even answered yur question but there ya go

·
Registered
388 Posts
Where can I get them? I've looked everywhere. I must be looking over them at the stores around here or are they only available online?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Where can I get them? I've looked everywhere. I must be looking over them at the stores around here or are they only available online?
I got the last set at my local pep boys for 9.99. If you cant find them at any of your local auto stores, try the Ebay man. They are pretty slick, it'll be worth hunting them down.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You can find them at autozone or o'rileys, I had the silverstars nice day time bulb but I went with some blue ones and work like a champ

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Here are some pics of the difference.....I think its a Decent $10 to spent....I painted my headlights about a week after I took these pics, and they look even better now...

Before 1

Before 2

Comparison 1

Comparison 2

Normal bulb

Silverstar bulb

after 1

after 2

after 3

after 4

after 5

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have a burned out parking light and ive looked everywhere for these can you give me a product number or show me where to get them ive tried all the recomended sites stores ect,

thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts