Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cool story. I went to my local Autozone to buy some of thoes "blue/crisp" bulbs for my RL. The front turn signals that the exterior are blue but they light up yellow, so I wont get in trouble w/ the cops. Well I went up to the counter to ask what ones i need there were so many different ones. The kid asked what car I have i said Saturn, he said ok what model I said ION he said ok what one, he was pointing at the computer screen, and right there it said "ION REDLINE, 2.0L Supercharged" I said ION Redline, his eyes lit up like a christmas tree. He said really? awesome, no way? I was like ya :) He was all excited he said he can't decide between the Cobalt SS and the RL. He asked if it was fast I said "Its got alotta Ballz" :) He said "I hate Saturns but I just love the looks of it alot" I said well get it! I told him there pretty darn good cars over the Cobalt SS.I told him you dont have to worry about dents. Hes like ya thats true. So hopefully hell get it instead of a SS. He took a quick peek at it out in the lot he liked it alot.

Well anyhow I got my bulbs and I am pretty happen w/ them I attached some pics. It makes it alot "cleaner" looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
do yo know which brand/size/cost of the ones you got?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Mine look almost pearl in sunlight, they are cool, I got the idea from NavyMitch, I think...

·
Registered
266 Posts
looks great, just bought some on ebay

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
hbko181 said:
There nice b/c they light up yellow and there legal but they are blue its pretty neat how they work.
I don't know how it is where you live, but in most places either white or amber in the turn signals is legal. I've got a super white style in my signals, IMO it's cleaner than the yellow.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
All turn signals are amber... :confused:

·
Registered
266 Posts
actually, in NJ you can have white or amber, in my last car (93 SC2) I had the clear lenses with blue bulbs that lit up white. They failed me for inspection and then i read the reason it said "turn signals must be of white or amber color). So i went back to the guy and told him to turn on my signals and see that they are white and he passed me.....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I know here they seem to change their minds about what is gonna get you pulled, and what isn't. Also depends on how you're driving, my old friend Paul used to get nailed all the time for having all these different colored lights on his Integra than the stock ones. Mainly for the headlights... he always was driving like an ass, and they were just looking for reasons to pull his ass, and the lights were the reason alot.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
almost anywhere you can have white or amber except cali from what i understand. just no emegency vehicle colors

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fyi, if you guys need any of these Sylvania bulbs, we now have the Ion specific turn signal bulbs in stock, and the headlight bulbs in stock. We can mail a set to you by Fedex and youll get them fast ! We are a official sponsor of redlineforums.com as well !

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ion specific? Aren't they the ones 3457AST?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Modernceo said:
Fyi, if you guys need any of these Sylvania bulbs, we now have the Ion specific turn signal bulbs in stock, and the headlight bulbs in stock. We can mail a set to you by Fedex and youll get them fast ! We are a official sponsor of redlineforums.com as well !
How much for 2 of them shipped? Zip code is 21236.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.