Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there will be a throtlebody spacer comeing out anytime in the near future??? i dunno if that will do a bunch but i think that it will diffently give that s/c a much better sound ........ :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It's not going to do anything for the power though, not that I know of. I'm not sure that they do much for a fuel injected car anyway. With an old school carb and manifold, they could be used for tuning, and occasionally you'd get a couple of horses from one. I'm just not sure what the point is with our cars.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had one on my 96 gs eclipse and it gave it a couple of horses plus a nice wine b/c of cold air intake plus the tbs, so i didnt know if they might make one. but if it didnt give us any extra horses, the ones that have an moded intake could put it on and get an even better sound from the intake.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
pclear9061 said:
i had one on my 96 gs eclipse and it gave it a couple of horses plus a nice wine b/c of cold air intake plus the tbs, so i didnt know if they might make one. but if it didnt give us any extra horses, the ones that have an moded intake could put it on and get an even better sound from the intake.

It works by effectively increasing the length of the intake runners, which gives the incoming air a slight increase in speed. This helps a naturally aspirated car. With the blower though, there is no increase in speed. I'm not sure about a change in sound either, it's possible. It's really the lack of sound absorbing material that lets the intakes sound better. The airbox is a big sound damper as well, same with the rest of the stock intake. It's made to suck up the sound, alot of people are bothered by blower noise. It's one reason that they aren't used more. I'm not sure how, it's music to my ears...

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no kidding i love that blower just sucking like a $1,000,000 whore. ;) but with the tbs i thought that the thread design was what really created the sound. with my intake (just the stock top hose and the top lid of the box with a cone filter) you can hear that puppy at 3,000 and above, but if you added a spacer i would think that it would start to sound a little eariler kinda like a wissler (sp).

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I had a throttle body spacer on my 00 Silverado w/the 5.3, I didn't much care for the sound it made, sounded like there was a vaccum leak and I didn't notice any of the advertised HP they claimed. The biggest items I noticed on my 5.3 HP wise were after some Hypertech tunning AND an Air-raid Cold Air induction system being installed. I'd give 98-01 Mustang GTs a run for their money and then when we'd pull up next to each other at the next light I'd ask, "is that a V-6 in there?" to which most of em would get pissed :D

Oh and by they way I still have the hypertech tunner and the Air raid kit for a 00 5.3 liter if anyone's interested ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts