Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

tach?...

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  korax123 
#1 ·
ok i went to saturn motorsports about my tach problem (tach help post) and they recommended to buy a MSD distributorless tach driver from saturnmotorsports.com for $78..i was like WTF! i have already spent $130 on the tach and shiftlight and $80 to get it installed..and it is only mounted not functional..thats f***ing bulls*** if i have to pay another $78 plus installation! thats like over $300 for a freaking shiftlight! I have read all i need is a coil and autometer adapter (someone has already done this)...by the coil do you mean the tach driver if not where did you get the coil and adapter and for how much???...please help me!!!

#2 ·
I bought everything from Summit. The part number for the Autometer tach adaptor is ATM-9117 and sells for $79.95. I don't know if Autozone or Pep Boys sell the adaptor. I don't frequent those stores. I have the Phantom series tach and gauges. The tach adaptor is all I needed to get my new tach w/shift light working. I have it mounted under the left headlight pod assembly. There is a nice out-of-the-way place to mount it there. There are just four wires to hook up up. Works just fine. I tinted the bulb in the tach and the boost gauge red. I installed everything myself so I have no labor costs. Installing it is really a no-brainer. You do not have to install any type of "coil."

#5 ·
You can waste a lot of money on cars doing things that seem simply then run into a lot of problems. I learned that with engine swaps you always need like 20 extra things to finish the $600 you think it will be becomes 800 to 1000 lol cars are an expensive hobby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.