Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the dealer today to see if they could swap the tach location with the temp/gas gauge. It would be a better location and easier to see when shifting heavy. I could easily perform this mod but, it's new and we'll you know, it's new.

Well, what a surprise. The freaking dash panel is a circut board and the service manger said, "No Way!". "The entire dash panel is a circut board and your stuck with it".

Next time your in your RL, imagine the tach and the temp/gas gauge swapped and you'll know what I mean. I have a heavy electronic background and can make the necessary wiring mods to make it happen but, I would have to buy a dash panel first and modify it, then put it in. Maybe after the header....

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was thinking the same thing myself.....it would be much easier to shift if the tach wasnt on the far right

·
Registered
99 Posts
Install a shift light behind the steering wheel and you don't even have to look at the tach anymore.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i was going to do this, but i remembered doing reverse glow gauges on my last car and realized that the components are built into the cluster, would be nice though, although i don't think it would affect my driving much if at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts