• Might as well Break out the Uncle Ben's

Votes: 19 52.8%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings, All!

I just received the 2004-5 Saturn Motorsports Catalogue (I hope that it's okay with them to reproduce the pictures) and thought that those that do not have the book might like to take a look at the Tail Lights that will be DOT approrived and available (hopefully) in September. I think that they look pretty interesting; they don't appear to have a clear lens over the assembly and to my knowledge, there are no matching head lights.

I'll probably wait to see pricing before making the final call, but I would be interested in seeing what people think; "Too Rice or Not Too Rice, Whether 'Tis Nobler to..." ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
i think theyd look cool on a black one, but clear is the way to go for blue, IMHO

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
What is that I see about a Turbo Kit?!?!?! in the upper right corner?

The wing looks like they stole it off of an 92 Civic parked in the mc'donalds parking lot at 11pm.

Not a huge fan of the paint job.

But I think that those tail lights would look tight on the back of a stock black IRL.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Those tail lights were suppose to come out a long time ago from what I've seen. This isn't the first time I've seen this pic. I like them a lot, and on a black car it would look really good. Wonder if they'll ever be out...

Tom

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Turbo

ptparker said:
What is that I see about a Turbo Kit?!?!?! in the upper right corner?
I believe that it refers to the "Saturn Motorsports Ion Turbo Kit" which can be found at www.saturnmotorsports.com for the 2.2 Ecotec engine. The cost is $3995 with a performance statistic of 225HP and an option for 300+HP :eek: according to their print copy.

Despite all the cleaning, waxing, dusting and twitches from scuffs and scratches, I guess I'm glad to have purchased a black vehicle after all. :)

Unfortunately, they don't appear to have any similar treatments for the head lights. Please let me know if you see something along those lines.

·
Registered
266 Posts
hmmm....although we see a black picture, the first pic also has part numbers for other colors which would good on our non-black RLs...anyway we can see those??

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Other Materials / Finishes

louballs said:
hmmm....although we see a black picture, the first pic also has part numbers for other colors which would good on our non-black RLs...anyway we can see those??
Sorry, that's all that's included in the catalogue, although I would imagine that anyone sufficiently skilled with photo manipulation would be able to approximate the appearance that you seek.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hmm,
Thoes tail lights look pretty cool. I dont know If I would get them or not. They dont look cheesey at all though. Nice they dont have a lense on them. I bet they would look nice on my Black RL with the Black TL option

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
They're just our standard taillights with the backgroud colored and a clear outer lens.... They look alright, but with my red one, the stock taillights blend in pretty well... I agree about those specific ones on a black Redline, would look real good.

The car in the pic belongs at www.ricecop.com though.... sad to say...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I like them, wonder how much they will be.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
On a black one they sure as hell would look good, not too riced out. Do they still have the outer lens on them? They're not like the typical ricer lights, with the 'rough' look to them are they?

Edited: It looks like the are missing the outer lenses, I'd MUCH prefer that they had a clear outer lens. I don't like that '3D' style, like the call it. Wouldn't it be 3D regardless? :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i think i would look cool on the blue cars if u could paint the black background blue, like blue to match the car. who knows i could be wrong

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
man, that is ricey..

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't like 'em?

I have a black RL too.

I thought they were "alright" when I saw the stand alone pic, but when I saw how it looked on the car............. :eek:

Just not my style, I guess.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
JPK said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like 'em?

I have a black RL too.

I thought they were "alright" when I saw the stand alone pic, but when I saw how it looked on the car............. :eek:

Just not my style, I guess.
I liked them when I thought the were flush, other than removing the outer lens and painting the background to match, they're Saturn Ion Redline tailights....

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Those have been advertised since the ion came out. Someone mentioned on another board a while back that they called APC and was told they will not produce the taillights for the ION. In fact the car that has those lights pictured does not actually have them on it, when I saw it there was VHT tinted taillights on it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
matt said:
Those have been advertised since the ion came out. Someone mentioned on another board a while back that they called APC and was told they will not produce the taillights for the ION. In fact the car that has those lights pictured does not actually have them on it, when I saw it there was VHT tinted taillights on it.
Pretty much what I said. They were suppose to be out a long time ago...

Tom

·
Registered
286 Posts
I talked to Wes at Motorsports a while back on these and he said there were so many complaints about those being buttass ugly that they are "suppose" to be changing them. At least that is what he told me lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts