Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to take the factory spoiler off...the small one? Is it bolted down or just double-side tape? The reason i ask is I kinda like the stealth look with no spoiler.

B

·
0 Posts
The stock spoiler is bolted down by 4 bolts. Open your trunk and you can see them. You are going to have the holes there if you take it off. I don't like the big wing, personally. I like the stock spoiler. People think it's a regular QC Ion, until I smoke by them at 130+mph. HAHAHA :D . I think I am going to get the Razzi tail wing. It reminds me of the Porsche "whale tail". Plus I think it makes the car look longer and more sleek. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yeah i thought it might like nice without the low spoiler too. if you do it post a pic id like to see. Ultimately i would want a bigge rspoiler but for now i would consider taking it off after i see a pic.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've heard stories of people denting the trunk while trying to take their spoiler off so if you decide to do it yourself be careful. From what I know it's held on by both bolts and double sided tape. Someone said they used coated fishing line to seperate the spoiler from the trunk and they also used a heat gun to get it loose to begin with. Take pics of the steps if you go through with it, pretty sure alot of people would be interested how the job goes.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have two redlines and I already put the big wing on one myself (I know alot of people cant stand them but I like it.)and it reeeeaaaaly sucked. there is double sided tape covering the entire face of the base of the wing. I do alot of auto painting and am PPG and Dupont certified and I have never seen it this bad before. the best method I found is to get some piano wire and very carefully pull it through of course after you remove the bolts. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
AAAAAAIIIIGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Removing the factory spoiler sucks ASS!!!

I just helped remove 3 of them last week. We are doing some custom cars and we only had cars with the spoilers. One thing that really sucked was that we are only doing two cars. A customer saw the Aero wing on one of them, and just had to have it installed on the car she was buying, soo, we swapped the deck lids.

As for taking them off, you definately need a heat gun. first you have to remove all of the hardware (of course), and then heat the underside thoroughly. Then you can use a razor, or wire or something sharp to cut the gasket. Also, to avoid the small dents, just simply remove the spoiler from front to back. As for the gasket, if you have it, acrysolve works wonders. just spray some on, let it sit, and the gasket should come off really easy. Then clean the deck lid with glass cleaner until the residue is gone.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will prob take off the spoiler this summer. The only reason i thought about doing this is in a SRT-4 movie there is a silver SRT-4 with CF hood and trunk with no spoiler and i think it looks sweet. It might now look that bad on our cars either.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the California Dream (?) spoiler and the Razzi version. they do make it look sleaker.

Oh, and the Razzi kit in the pic is the same one I helped to install. That rear cover was a pain in the ass because it wouldn't stay in place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts