Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone go to the tracks yet?

Any saturn meets?

Anyone heading to south padre, galvaston, port aransas, corpus christi?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
No, haven't gone yet.

I want to go to Ennis, which is the only 1/4 mi. track around here but it's like an hour and a half from me. I may just go up to Sanger (1/8 mi.) to practice my launches since it's only 30 minutes from here.

I wanna make sure I'm good at it before I drive an hour and a half to race. :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not gone to any tracks, and probably wont. Just not what I like to do.

I do have a friend in Victoria that I visit often and we usually drive to Corpus area. I will make a post before I head down that way again.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
jonboy said:
Not gone to any tracks, and probably wont. Just not what I like to do.

I do have a friend in Victoria that I visit often and we usually drive to Corpus area. I will make a post before I head down that way again.

Hell dude, you oughta just come out to the track with me one night even if you don't wanna run. It'll be fun. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, hanging out at the track and shooting the shit is pretty cool.
you will learn alot from people all around.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Track

I took my redline to the track when I first got it.I ran a 14.7 at 95mph.But I would not hook at all.I would like to try a set of nittos.The only thing that has been done to my car is lowered.I play around with a buddy of mine In a 01 cobra all the time.These cars really run pretty strong.I have and still do race mustangs all the time.I have a 89LX I am building right now.It has a 70mm turbo kit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What are some tracks in the Dallas area..... I dont have a Redline yet but I should have one pretty soon. Does it cost to go to the track. As you can tell Im not a racer. Hell I can barely drive a stick :eek:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
wut said:
What are some tracks in the Dallas area..... I dont have a Redline yet but I should have one pretty soon. Does it cost to go to the track. As you can tell Im not a racer. Hell I can barely drive a stick :eek:

Well, there are 1/8th mi. strips in both Kennedale and Sanger (Denton) and the only 1/4 mi. track is in Ennis.

It usually costs about $15 to $20 to run all night.

·
Registered
47 Posts
JPK said:
Well, there are 1/8th mi. strips in both Kennedale and Sanger (Denton) and the only 1/4 mi. track is in Ennis.

It usually costs about $15 to $20 to run all night.
Thanks...I will have to look into those

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first time at the track for me

I ran 14.39 at 100mph and my 60 ft was 2.4.... :(
I had some others runs that I was playing around with
to find a good launch.
14.5 at 99
14.7 at 100

need more practice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Shoot me a PM sometime. Would love to go to the track. I would run if I was there, just not something I go looking to do.

I enjoy talking cars and stuff, so I think it would be awesome to go.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
SRT-MAN said:
I hope to see more RL soon, can't wait for my first taste.

Just promise us that after yer first taste ya aren't going to turn into a gremlin/troll :p

There is supposed to be a track near my house in Grand Prairie, I'm not sure what they allow to run there but I was told I should check it out. There is also a road course west of Fort Worth near Weatherford I believe. There are tracks all over the place that offer different events, you just have to know where to look :cool:

·
Registered
493 Posts
SRT-MAN said:
I hope to see more RL soon, can't wait for my first taste.
I WAS going to head out to Austin and San Antonio last month but my car was totaled out at the end of feb. Hopefully I'll be able to head out there in the first half of june with my Competition RedLine. But i wont be stock so it might not be fair. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RedLined said:
I WAS going to head out to Austin and San Antonio last month but my car was totaled out at the end of feb. Hopefully I'll be able to head out there in the first half of june with my Competition RedLine. But i wont be stock so it might not be fair. :D
cool, keep me posted when you do come by, I can show you around the scene in Austin.

·
Registered
493 Posts
SRT-MAN said:
I want to run against a RL, where are you guys at? come down to Austin.
My Red Line will be here between jun 13-18, and at the end of that week i will be heading to that area to break the car in. By the way, is there a good place to dyno my car down there? How about a good muffler shop?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RedLined said:
My Red Line will be here between jun 13-18, and at the end of that week i will be heading to that area to break the car in. By the way, is there a good place to dyno my car down there? How about a good muffler shop?
American racing technology just south of Austin, is a really good place,
they charge $40 for 2 pulls, and they have the best folks to work with.

as far as muffler shop, just depends on what kind of work you want.
there are a few goods shops I know of.

·
Registered
493 Posts
SRT-MAN said:
American racing technology just south of Austin, is a really good place,
they charge $40 for 2 pulls, and they have the best folks to work with.

as far as muffler shop, just depends on what kind of work you want.
there are a few goods shops I know of.
Sweet, I'm planning to dyno the car and run it in the 1/4 stock. Then i wan't to throw on my i/h/e and do it all over again. I'm hoping to get at least 25whp from the i/h/e. By the way, do you know what altitiude the track is at?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RedLined said:
Sweet, I'm planning to dyno the car and run it in the 1/4 stock. Then i wan't to throw on my i/h/e and do it all over again. I'm hoping to get at least 25whp from the i/h/e. By the way, do you know what altitiude the track is at?
Cool, 25 whp sounds about right, the San Antonio raceway track is one of the best place to go, it's only like an hour away from Austin, herre is the
site, might be able to find the altitiude on there.....

www.sanantonioraceway.com

1 - 20 of 26 Posts