Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a pretty good sized hail storm no dents, just a couple paint chips, I'm glad a bought a saturn!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Yea no kidding. That could've done some serious damage...go plastic forever...lol. A cart hit my car yesterday, all that was left on my car was that stupid plastic rub off crap that looks like scratches but rub off. I was pissed but glad to see nothing happened.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Where you at? Ohio? We just had some good storms roll though and head off to Michigan, so if you're in SW MI, take cover and get the car in the garage or something, we just had penny-quarter size hail south of Chicago, just missed me.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Where you at? Ohio? We just had some good storms roll though and head off to Michigan, so if you're in SW MI, take cover and get the car in the garage or something, we just had penny-quarter size hail south of Chicago, just missed me.
today? looks like it missed us up here :p

though this misty rain is crap

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The storms are completely isolated. We just went to lunch, came out, my car was bone dry, drove down the street for about 2 blocks and it was soaking wet everywhere... looked on the radar from work, and saw a giant red blob headed off for South Haven...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm about an hour north of milwaukee, WI. That storm was one of the many that rolled through here in the last week but the only one with hail. I live right on the shore of lake michigan so sometimes we get weird weather.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Only your side panels are plastic. The hood and roof are metal and will dent. Especially since that's where most the hail is gonna hit. My wife's VUE (RIP), got hailed on really bad and the sides were fine but the roof and hood were full of dents.

You were very lucky.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sucks, I know the roof and hood are metal but the moon roof takes up most of the roof and the paint chips were on the hood. No dents though

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Hail damage is a tricky thing sometimes. My parents insurance covered it no problem when it last happened here, but there's no need for pics, the damage is unmistakeable.... little oil can dents EVERYWHERE.....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
love the plastic panels!!! hate the fact that they are going away soon though :mad: wish gm wouldn't go this way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts