Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got the "Pwr Stg" message once or twice but it was working OK (steering just seemed a little heavy at times - 2006 Redline, 97k miles). The cost of the motor kit is down to about $75 shipped from GM Parts Direct. I just changed it out this afternoon. It takes about 1/2 hour. Steering feels very nice now. Should be good for another 100k miles. I just did not see any value in mixing it up with the service department of the local GM dealer for a small job like this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
is this the beginning?

My car has 148k DD, This just started happening recently. When I come out for work in the morning and start my car It dings PWR STR on the odometer for 1-2 seconds and then goes away. I never see it the rest of the day, and it doesn't happen every day.

On one occasion it dinged for 1-2 seconds after I got about 3/4 of a mile away from my house. Steering didn't feel unusual.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
My car has 148k DD, This just started happening recently. When I come out for work in the morning and start my car It dings PWR STR on the odometer for 1-2 seconds and then goes away. I never see it the rest of the day, and it doesn't happen every day.

On one occasion it dinged for 1-2 seconds after I got about 3/4 of a mile away from my house. Steering didn't feel unusual.
Mine has been doing it for the last 3 years, started at 38k ish

101 - 106 of 106 Posts