Registered
148 Posts
I'll just leave this here:

·
Registered
148 Posts
nice ...

wanna sell it?
Nope. This car used to belong to my Father. He bought it new and only put 8600 miles on it. The rest of those are mine. This car will still be around after everyone else has driven these cars to pieces and left them to dust.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Nope. This car used to belong to my Father. He bought it new and only put 8600 miles on it. The rest of those are mine. This car will still be around after everyone else has driven these cars to pieces and left them to dust.

don't you feel like driving sometimes?

that was nice of him to take care of it...

I got mine from someone (previous owners) who did not drive much, and may or not of taken care of it.

This was my first "performance car" so for me it's in the driving experience

I bet you don't want to hit 5 figures

·
Registered
148 Posts
don't you feel like driving sometimes?

that was nice of him to take care of it...

I got mine from someone (previous owners) who did not drive much, and may or not of taken care of it.

This was my first "performance car" so for me it's in the driving experience

I bet you don't want to hit 5 figures
I do drive it occasionally. This car is one that I enjoy once in a while. Eventually I'll hit 10k, but yeah, it'll be kinda "sad" as it'll no longer be a sub 10k car. I have 5 vehicles, so I have no shortage of car choices to play with. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
153,421 Miles on my Red 06' Redline and still running strong!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
There's an engine from the 2003 -2004 IRL - "out there"

that may have about 100 miles -

I just came across this the other day from a 2015 post --interesting
the engine was removed from the GM performance modified promotional
Saturn Ion redline from 2003 - world record holder for its class

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/buy-sell-parts/67954-fs-new-take-out-lsj-complete.html

What's out there still - hiding in GM's "basement" ?

Did anyone buy this engine?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
How do all of you have so many low kms? My '04 RL has 180,000km and it's only seen one winter! Do you not like driving her?

a lot of us with the lower mileage are new to the IRL in a post Saturn world.

I only learned of the redline after having the ion sedan for 10 years.

In 2013 I was looking at many types of cars because my sedan was getting up there

and I saw GM's/Saturn Race Rally car for sale on EBAY.

This sparked my interest after deciding against biding on it - think it was about $14,000 with 5000 miles.

Later in 2014, they were asking a lot less though.

From what I remember, the GM dealer or sponsor stored the car in the back of the building and used it

for show events.

I really liked the idea of buying a "new" Saturn.

Still it had little comforts on the interior.

I came close to buying a black IRL before my blue with only about 18 or 19K on it.

It was in unbelievable condition but I was hesitant not knowing about these cars.

I waited another 6 months and got mine with 27K

·
Registered
148 Posts
How do all of you have so many low kms? My '04 RL has 180,000km and it's only seen one winter! Do you not like driving her?
My Father was the original owner of my Redline. When he bought it, he basically stowed it away in the garage and only drove it a few times per year. When I bought it, it had a little over 8300 miles on it. Since it is probably one of the last of the unmolested time capsule examples out there, I do my level best to keep it that way. I only drive it a few times a year to keep fluids circulated and yes I do enjoy driving it when I do bring it out of hibernation.

721 - 740 of 795 Posts