Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

781 - 795 of 795 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just keep changing the oil and don't beat the hell out of it and you'll get there
Are you still on your original fuel and water pump? Any major repairs?

I'm about 1.5 years away from getting to the 330k mark :)

I just want to make it to 300k without any major repairs. I quit driving it hard for some time now as it's strictly my daily commuter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Water pump I replaced about 5 years ago. Feel pump replaced 3 years ago. The biggest issue I have now is the rear main seal is leaking bad. I just passed inspection and Car doesn't have any other issues so I Decided to bite the bullet and get it done next week. The labor kills ya for that job

·
Registered
15 Posts
Water pump I replaced about 5 years ago. Feel pump replaced 3 years ago. The biggest issue I have now is the rear main seal is leaking bad. I just passed inspection and Car doesn't have any other issues so I Decided to bite the bullet and get it done next week. The labor kills ya for that job
Almost the same labor as a clutch replacement right?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Mine had 138K last week when I sold it. Everything was original (except tires/brakes) so it was getting time to have to start replacing the big-ticket items. In order of severity, the transmission had been grinding for about the last 8 years, the clutch was starting to not engage every time, control arms were shot, IC pump worked only intermittently, radio had been dead for the past five years, tires were almost bald, brakes needed new pads/rotors, cigarette lighter socket was DOA, emergency brake didn't work, and motor was starting to burn oil. I'm sure there are more things that needed addressing, but those are the main ones I can remember off the top of my head. Definitely a fun car, but just too costly to keep at this point.

781 - 795 of 795 Posts