Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The official FullThrottle build thread (56K Forget About It)

Ok heres the thread you've all been waiting for. I'm guessing that my engine that I purchased from RandD should be here by Friday march 23 so this is going alot quicker then i expected it to. I'm going to be posting pictures and comments of everything that I do please feel free to ask questions I'll do my best to answer your questions or comments. I'm sure RandD among others will be monitoring this thread so what i can't answer im sure he will chime in. I do ask that we keep the banter out of this thread or keep it to a minimum. I dont mind constructive criticism but lets try and keep this thread serious please. BTW those who asked for pics of my engine that i pulled are going to have to wait untill tomorrow because i couldnt get out there this evening. I'm going first thing in the morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts
I'll start it off. What are your plans right now? Pistons (what compression), cam (what grind), valves, springs, retainers, and also are you staying S/C, swapping to turbo, or going twin?

I guess a basic rundown on your project would be good. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heres some pics of my progress with the build. this is just removing components from the LSJ. that came out of my car.
56K forget about it :)


















 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and some more...



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and more....

IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k71/mvp8839/lsj25.jpg[/IMG]























 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
JackD said:
You made a huge mess man. I am excited for you!
LOL thanks man I try. this is nothing though you should've seen the mess of parts when my Old man and I were building the camaro. :D guys feel free to ask questions just keep this thread on topic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,809 Posts
Damn, my engine looks all naked and sh*t without the connectors and bolt ons. lol

Do you have everything as far as parts that you are going to need for the swap or are some still on order? When do you think this bad boy should be done and burning rubber down the track? You better call me and let me listen to her purr.
 

·
I
Joined
·
7,838 Posts
So are you staying with the 2.4L tranny or are you using the one from the RL? I am wondering because of all the people asking for a review on the Exedy.
 

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
Joined
·
9,519 Posts
all4glh said:
So are you staying with the 2.4L tranny or are you using the one from the RL? I am wondering because of all the people asking for a review on the Exedy.
I don't see why he would use a weaker transmission than the MU3....:shrug03:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
all4glh said:
So are you staying with the 2.4L tranny or are you using the one from the RL? I am wondering because of all the people asking for a review on the Exedy.
staying with the tranny from the redline. though about converting to a 6 speed but that will wait. the exedy clutch from what i hear rocks i was one of the first to buy it but i still havent used it. there are guys out there ruinning it with no issues. i mean hell it was used on the T/A Balt.

guys notice the pic of the underside of the blower. this blower has had nitrous ran through it. no rotor damage here..... looks good huh. thats because it was done properly and there was a filter used when the bottle was filled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well guys just for an update. Right now I'm just waiting on the engine to show up. It's 98% done but the builder is waiting on one of the balance shaft timing chains that they had to replace. I'm guessing it should ship out on monday or tuesday if every thing works out right. So for now im going to go out to my garage and get it and my tools and the components that will go on my new block extra clean. I'm a clean freak when it comes to assembling anything major on a engine. I will be the one putting the head and cams on/in the engine. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
stryder said:
hey mike give me a call i will come watch or help.
I am a little lose so help me out.Is this what you have now 2.4L HYBRID ENGINE, .020 OVER FORGED WIESCO 8.8 :1 PISTONS, FORGED RODS WITH ARP ROD BOLTS AND MAIN STUDS, GOLDEN EAGLE HEAD STUDS, 2 1/2 INCH THERMAL RESEARCH EXHAUST, SMS HEADER & DOWN PIPE COMBO, PORTED SUPERCHARGER, PORTED HEAD WITH FERREA VALVE SPRINGS, TITANIUM LOCKS, JBP STAGE II CAMS, SMS BIG BORE THROTTLE BODY, ZEX WET NITROUS SHOT WITH ALL THE UPGRADES,DUAL INTERCEPTOR GAUGES, INNOVATE LC-1 W/B AFR GAUGE, LOWERING SPRINGS, SIEMENS 60.0 LB/FUEL INJECTORS, ZZP PULLEY, EXEDY HYPER CLUTCH...and you are goin to somethin else or is that what you are goin to...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CmYiOnGoFaSt said:
I am a little lose so help me out.Is this what you have now 2.4L HYBRID ENGINE, .020 OVER FORGED WIESCO 8.8 :1 PISTONS, FORGED RODS WITH ARP ROD BOLTS AND MAIN STUDS, GOLDEN EAGLE HEAD STUDS, 2 1/2 INCH THERMAL RESEARCH EXHAUST, SMS HEADER & DOWN PIPE COMBO, PORTED SUPERCHARGER, PORTED HEAD WITH FERREA VALVE SPRINGS, TITANIUM LOCKS, JBP STAGE II CAMS, SMS BIG BORE THROTTLE BODY, ZEX WET NITROUS SHOT WITH ALL THE UPGRADES,DUAL INTERCEPTOR GAUGES, INNOVATE LC-1 W/B AFR GAUGE, LOWERING SPRINGS, SIEMENS 60.0 LB/FUEL INJECTORS, ZZP PULLEY, EXEDY HYPER CLUTCH...and you are goin to somethin else or is that what you are goin to...
what you listed is what im going to however for now ill be running the stock supercherger. I will eventually be running a turbocharger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
Buck up boy and get the gt35r cause it would be the shizz. BTW nice looking header in the pic LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
Yep Thats what I have going into my STi next month. BTW I wouldnt use those guys. They have a bad rap on the subie forums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
fullthrottle said:
what you listed is what im going to however for now ill be running the stock supercherger. I will eventually be running a turbocharger
if you don't mind me askin whats the price range you are lookin at for all the stuff you have done...Just want to find out how much it would cost me to get over 300HP...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CmYiOnGoFaSt said:
if you don't mind me askin whats the price range you are lookin at for all the stuff you have done...Just want to find out how much it would cost me to get over 300HP...
i have 4284 (to include the cams and ported head) into the longblock. plus all the simple stuff you end up buying on just about any engine build.


the turbo swap is going to be about 3500 + a few bucks. you can get to 300 WHP for less then that but my ultimate goal isnt 300 WHP Its a bit more then that. however im sure ill have to tune a bit to get there but ultimatly i want to be well well over that.
 
1 - 20 of 181 Posts
Top