Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, it wasn't even close. I waxed his ass so bad. I got him right off the line too. I was afraid that he would hookup better than me and I might have to play catch up but that was not the case.

Now for the funny part.

After the race we were sitting around the parking lot bullshitting and I happen to look inside his car. WTF? He had pulled out his passneger and back seat and his spare tire out to make his car lighter. LOL!!!! I couldn't believe he went through all that trouble and still got whooped.

There were several bets going around on this race as well. Some guys bet on him thinking that him stripping down his interior was gonna make a big difference and give him an advantage. :rolleyes: One guy told him, "Hell, I could have beat you in my V6 F150 truck."

He gave an excuse that he hit his rev limiter in second. I told him I'd gladly run him again if he wanted. Of course, he didn't want to. He's been driving this car for 10 years. You'd think he'd know where his rev lim kicked on. ;)

Hell, the GTP the night before gave me a better run than he did. :p

·
Registered
524 Posts
Good job, if you didn't win we would have had to drive our Redlines to where you live, whoop your ass, and repo it, lol...

Racing trucks, lol. Only one I ever took seriously are the Lightning and now SRT-10...

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i've been waiting for this one! didn't think he had a chance from the get go

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tom01SC2 said:
Good job, if you didn't win we would have had to drive our Redlines to where you live, whoop your ass, and repo it, lol...

Racing trucks, lol. Only one I ever took seriously are the Lightning and now SRT-10...

Tom

LOL!!! No way you're taking MY Redline without a fight. Remember, I'm from Texas. We all own shotguns down here. ;)

Speaking of racing trucks, weren't the Chevy Cyclone S-10's pretty fast?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vita said:
i've been waiting for this one! didn't think he had a chance from the get go

Well, he (and others) seemed to think he was gonna beat me. :p :D

He had been running his mouth all week so it felt really good to not only beat him, but blow his doors off. :cool:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Told you you'd smoke him :p

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
garland said:
Told you you'd smoke him :p

Yeah you did. :D

Next up..........my friends SHO. I'm not sure if it's stock. He may have done a lil sum sum to it. This guy owns two SHO's. A black and a red one. The black is the one I'm gonna run with. The red..........well, let's just say he smokes Z06's and even some sport bikes with that one. ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
JPK said:
Well, he (and others) seemed to think he was gonna beat me. :p :D

He had been running his mouth all week so it felt really good to not only beat him, but blow his doors off. :cool:
Muahahaha, you forgot that I myself am from the good ole Southwest also. Therefore your whole shotgun thing is null, we carry AK's, lol... Our two states get a long pretty well, that's why we have reciprocity laws together. :cool:

Tom

·
Registered
524 Posts
JPK said:
The red..........well, let's just say he smokes Z06's and even some sport bikes with that one. ;)
I'd love to see some stats on that bad boy...

Tom

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tom01SC2 said:
Muahahaha, you forgot that I myself am from the good ole Southwest also. Therefore your whole shotgun thing is null, we carry AK's, lol... Our two states get a long pretty well, that's why we have reciprocity laws together. :cool:

Tom

LOL!!! :D

As for stats on the red SHO, I think he's got about 400 hp to the front wheels and about the same torque. He's also running a 50 shot of NOS. It's a fast mother f#$ker. He gave me a ride in it the other night and didn't even have his bottle turned on and it was so damn fast!!!!!

He's going to the track tonight so Sunday when I see him again, I'll ask about his times.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Glad to hear you're having fun with it. Being my first manual owned, I'm still working on getting into first. Into second and on, I'm very happy.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cole said:
Glad to hear you're having fun with it. Being my first manual owned, I'm still working on getting into first. Into second and on, I'm very happy.

Hell, I've been driving manuals for years. A whole lot more fun than automatics. Except when I lived in Atlanta and had to sit in that God awful traffic there. :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
453 Posts
JPK said:
LOL!!! :D

As for stats on the red SHO, I think he's got about 400 hp to the front wheels and about the same torque. He's also running a 50 shot of NOS. It's a fast mother f#$ker. He gave me a ride in it the other night and didn't even have his bottle turned on and it was so damn fast!!!!!

He's going to the track tonight so Sunday when I see him again, I'll ask about his times.

400hp on an NA MKIII?? and only a 50 shot of NOS?? sorry hes lying to you buddy :rolleyes:

Just to give you an idea.. the MKIV (93-98) twin turbo has 320 hp stock... the NA version has about 100 hp less then that... and the MKIII's were even slower than that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
BlackRedline04 said:
400hp on an NA MKIII?? and only a 50 shot of NOS?? sorry hes lying to you buddy :rolleyes:

Just to give you an idea.. the MKIV (93-98) twin turbo has 320 hp stock... the NA version has about 100 hp less then that... and the MKIII's were even slower than that.
He's not talking about the supra.. he's talking about the V8 taurus SHO (super high output).

It'd have to be heavily modded to reach that number though.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
garland said:
He's not talking about the supra.. he's talking about the V8 taurus SHO (super high output).

It'd have to be heavily modded to reach that number though.
Yeah, the SHO not the Supra.

It IS heavily modded and supercharged.

·
Registered
201 Posts
JPK said:
Actually, it's a V6 in the SHO.
Depends on the year. Some had a 3.0 v6 but others had a 3.4 (?) yamaha V8.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
garland said:
Depends on the year. Some had a 3.0 v6 but others had a 3.4 (?) yamaha V8.

I believe he said it was a V6 and had Yamaha heads. He told me it was originally supposed to be a boat engine. :p

At the track on Friday he said he was running high 12's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts