Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of buying a ion redline and would like to know are they worth the money or should i spend more money on something else like a srt4 i am going in to the airforce and want a nice car also is the insurance a lot on one of these for a 19 year old and what mods can be doen and where can i find them

·
Registered
252 Posts
Get a quote on insurance for both cars... that will help..

Currently there is more for the SRT-4 for aftermarket than the Redline..
but like alot of things, SRT-4 has more power/torque than the redline. But the Redline, is more unique than the SRT.
but it all comes down to $$$.

How Much is the SRT-4 vs. Redline, and finally, Test Drive Both.

no Matter what anyone says its going to be your car, see what you like more.

Xau

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've only got about 3K miles on my '05 RL, but have driven a couple of 600+ mile round trips. I found the RL to be extremely comfortable, and I'm a fat-ass, to boot. The Recaros have good lumbar support, good upper body/head support... snug but comfortable.

The last longish trip I took was from Skokie, IL to NW corner of St. Louis, MO... 320 miles. Took 1 hour to go the first 37 miles (Chicago traffic) and 3hrs50mins to go the remaining 283 miles (that last leg was at 73.8 mph actual ground speed, incl gas stop and slow downs due to many, many state troopers within 30 miles radius of Springfield IL.).

IMO, the RL handles like a dream at highway speed. After traveling 250-300 miles at 75-80mph in my old '97 SW2 I would be fatigued and tired... after doing 300+ in my RL at speeds at (and way over) 80mph, I was rested enough to hit the St Louis riverboats for a solid six hours. At speeds of 100 and higher, it handles as solidly as my SW2 did at 50mph. Running my SW2 to its top speed (~105) was a harrowing experience... running the RL at 130 I felt in total control... not that I would ever recommend that anyone speed ;)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Plus, I bought my '05 for $18,000 after incentives, try getting that on anything else...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i get the gm disscout will that help out on payments and what should they run and is the power in them enough to beat neons and civics in races and what is the sound system like in them is it good or crapy

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
fastimportracer said:
i get the gm disscout will that help out on payments and what should they run and is the power in them enough to beat neons and civics in races and what is the sound system like in them is it good or crapy
You mean like regular Neons and Civics?? Oh man, it's not even close. Almost twice as much horsepower. The SRT-4 is a little different, little faster straight ahead, but not in any turns. Civics are a joke though, I'm not sure if I'd even waste my gas on one anymore! Civic Si's are easy to toast as well. The RSX-S is much better competition than any of the other Honda compacts...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the civic i want to go up against has a b18 motor and a 55 shot zex kit in it runs the qurter at 101 mph but i do not know the time it is some kids car that used to cruse with me

·
Registered
296 Posts
fastimportracer said:
...what is the sound system like in them is it good or crapy
I got the high end stereo sound package with the 6-CD changer/MP3 set up... this is one of the better factory-installed sound systems I've owned, plus the RL is quiet enough (unless you getting on it) to enjoy the sound even at highway cruising speeds. I'm not looking for 145 dB ear-breaking sound (I want to have some hearing left in my dottage), however, so if you need to thump-awake your neighbors, you'll probably want to do some sound modding.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
fastimportracer said:
the civic i want to go up against has a b18 motor and a 55 shot zex kit in it runs the qurter at 101 mph but i do not know the time it is some kids car that used to cruse with me
I don't know crap about Hondas, what's the b18 motor? Is that from the Integras and Preludes and such? Even if the motor is 170hp, + 55 NO2 = 225 crank horsepower. He could have alot more than that done, what the hell is our 1/4 mile speed? We can run like a 14 flat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the b18 is a aftermarket motor some are found i the integera type r i think i am not sure but that is all he has done to his civic

·
Registered
109 Posts
b18 motor was most likely out of a Integra GSR (running about 170 crank), unless he was running a b18 thats the type R motor..which is 200 stock. Just clarifying.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank u for that information he is runing the one out of the type r would the ion redline keep up with him and can i put a nitrous kit on it or any other performance mods please let me know i am buying one in 5 months when i get my money saved up dor a good down payment

1 - 18 of 18 Posts