Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this over at Supra Forums. It is a Scion TC supposidly with stock internals that put down 426 hp to the ground. Heres the dyno vid.

http://www.scionspeed.com/tc426run.mpg

...and heres the link to their site.....

http://www.scionspeed.com/

Sounds like we will have a bit of good competition running around soon.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
If you read about it, they put out 400hp+ on 103 octane and snapped a axle on the first run at the track. Also they are running 18psi. How long will that last? The car is less than 6 months old and they are snapping axles? That doesnt prove shit to me about the TC. Who knows when they will destroy thier motor w/ 18psi on pump gas putting down 423hp.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
BTW, it makes me sick that our car came out first and there is so many fucking products for the tC. There are aftermarket clutch kits, wilwood brake kits, headers, cold air intakes, cat-back exhausts, turbo kits, wheels, body parts all readily available for the car. What do we have that's out........

K&N Intake

Even something as simple as upgraded spark plug wires, we dont have available for our car.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dL_RL said:
BTW, it makes me sick that our car came out first and there is so many fucking products for the tC. There are aftermarket clutch kits, wilwood brake kits, headers, cold air intakes, cat-back exhausts, turbo kits, wheels, body parts all readily available for the car. What do we have that's out........

K&N Intake

Even something as simple as upgraded spark plug wires, we dont have available for our car.
Agreed........We are almost supportless in the aftermarket. Kudos to Psi-Fi and Gravana (sp?) for new product development.

·
Registered
416 Posts
MotorMouth said:
Agreed........We are almost supportless in the aftermarket. Kudos to Psi-Fi and Gravana (sp?) for new product development.
I checked out the TC when I was in the market. The brakes suck, the engine isn't all that impressive, and there was no supercharger available yet. But the interior is very nice for such a cheap car. Much nicer than ours. They don't handle like ours do either. THe aftermarket is how these guys define their cars. That is the big thing about scion--customizing.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I agree with Shaneathan, the Scions in every form are aimed at customization & aftermarket support, out the door; if you don't want Scion/Toyota accessories, there'll be something out there from some aftermarket vendor that WILL suit your fancy. Just look at those xA and xB commercials you see with huge amounts of aftermarket stuff on them - body kits, interior mods, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if aftermarket companies - Wilwood brakes, the turbo manufacturer, etc. etc. etc. weren't approached by Toyota to develop aftermarket things. The allure of the fat aftermarket is what's getting people to dealerships. And I've seen about 100 TC's on the road, so they're selling like hot cakes!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
When you upgrade the tC so that it performs at our level (handling+power), you're going to end up spending more than we spent total, so this should be taken into effect also.

With that said, those rims and brakes on that thing make it looks pretty damn nice. A big part of that power does come from the 103 octane RACING FUEL. Sure, if we put that fuel into our car, we'd probably be around 220-230hp (just guesstimating, but I'm probably exaggerating). Putting that type of fuel into a car probably isn't too good on a stock engine either...kind of like using NOS...If all that is true about the axles snapping and such, then that is probably a pretty bad thing for that video to be showing off...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know that this is completly off subject, but Motormouth, that fat kid dancing around is got to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
That car will never last on that much power. If you are going to run boost on your car and then turn it up even more you need forged internals. Which is sweet about the SRT4, Cobalt, and Red Line is you can crank up boost and make big numbers because they are built for it. The t/c is not built for that kind of power with the stock engine.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Justin said:
I know that this is completly off subject, but Motormouth, that fat kid dancing around is got to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. :p
Yeah that is pretty funny.
Does that kid have down syndrome?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Oh Well

Hey If They Have That Much Cash Into That And Get That, I Would Like To See A RL Put Up Some #s. :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
dL_RL said:
That could be because we dont have spark plug wires

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
dL_RL said:

K&N Intake

Well, if the other Scions are any reflection, my buddy smoked one about 10 times, all the way from the burbs to Chicago. A totally tricked out X-something or other, and he dusted it over and over again is his Chevy VAN. So, just selling stuff dosen't guarantee anything, other than people will pay for it. If it starts as crap, it still ends up as crap...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
we cannot forget that GM supposedly has given the ss s/c to a lot of companies for R&D on aftermarket stuff, and since we haven't been seeing them around yet (they're not out yet), we're likely to see a surge of aftermarket support once it hits the streets. we do drive saturns, and pay the price for it. with such low production numbers, companies are likely to wait until real potential for profit arises, even though the K&N intake shows in itself that the potential is there, not enough realize it to cash in. places like PSI, etc., will be making a killing when they have products on the market for us.

not to mention, how enjoyable can it be to drive a tC with that much power with such low gearing. brings to mind the fact that Alpine motorsports has been quoted to say that their supercharger kit is most enjoyable with an automatic. people complain about our gearing, but when we really start to see some power, it'll be nice to have (even though i think it's just right as is).

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
richsoucie said:
That could be because we dont have spark plug wires
it was just a example, but yes the time I wrote that comment I didnt know we had coilpacks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts