Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what % do you have them tinted at and can i see pics of them?

im having mine done this week, and i dont wanna go to dark and have it pulled over, but i want it to be noticeable.

my car is black, and i think im gonna do the 35%.

help is much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
dont know if you can see it but its 35 percent

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
John said:
dont know if you can see it but its 35 percent

just some advice, you might want to get the dealer to install the window tinting because some people have had troubles w/the trim inside the door panel scratching the tinting up, if you get the dealer to install tint then its more likely that they'll guarantee the job if it does scratch. Good luck

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can upload full sized pics to the threads if u didnt know that......but if thats the only pic u got thanks alot for the help. i can see a bit, thats probly what ill go for if the next step is all the way down to 20%......i dont think i want it that dark.

but still ppl, any pics and %'s are appreciated to help me decide!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I went 5% limo tint in the rear windows and 35% smoke tint on the front two windows.I dont have any pics up right now cause I dont have a digital camera at the moment. You cant see into the back at all from the outside, but you can see through the fronts pretty good. At night I can still see just fine. The only thing is that I dont have to flip my rear view mirror at night.

Has anybody ever notice the The blue tint on the side mirros on the Audi's? I like that look and Im sure it would probably help with the glare at night

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Tint shops will know what is the darkest you can go legally.

I went the darkest that Texas law would allow on the sides which is 30% and on the rear I went with 15%.

I wanted limo tint but didn't feel like being hassled by cops and state inspection stations. The car still looks good and the tint is sufficiently dark.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know what the darkest i can go is legally, its just that they said they will tint to whatever i want anyways.

thanks alot for the help guys.

im definitely gonna be going darkest in the back and then lighter in the front, cuz thats legal in my state. probly 30% and limo, or somethin. wish i could do 20% but i dont need to be removing it every other week haha.

keep em coming if theres anybody that hasnt posted yet, the more help the better!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yeah they told me the back you could legally put what ever you wanted but that legally you could only have your front windows tinted 4 inches from the top. I went for 35% on the whole window in the front. The reciept says that the tint on the front windows may be illegal. Which it is. I dont get many looks from cops.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I went limo all the way around. Looks really sick with a black car. I'll post some pics...

Tom

·
Registered
808 Posts
TXRLU said:
just some advice, you might want to get the dealer to install the window tinting because some people have had troubles w/the trim inside the door panel scratching the tinting up, if you get the dealer to install tint then its more likely that they'll guarantee the job if it does scratch. Good luck
very true, ive already had my inner seals replaced with the felt lined seal,

·
Registered
808 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
you can upload full sized pics to the threads if u didnt know that......but if thats the only pic u got thanks alot for the help. i can see a bit, thats probly what ill go for if the next step is all the way down to 20%......i dont think i want it that dark.

but still ppl, any pics and %'s are appreciated to help me decide!
yes i know but im at work cant upload jack here sorry.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its cool man, i appreciate the help though.

made my appointment, thursday at 12:30. ill decide then what im gonna have it tinted to, im excited! haha.

thanks again guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts