Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

thought u guys should see this

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  RLnewbie 
#1 ·
#3 ·
not really the car would allow it pretty easy. Re route the intercooler pipes and figure out how to make the enigine take more fuel. Seems easy. Remeber the MAF must be in the path after the BOV becuse itll casue a super lean if its before.

#4 ·
Dosen't it seem kinds strange to get 100 more horsepower out of .8 lbs of boost and .2 L? That dosen't seem like alot to anyone?

#5 ·
Yes, spooner, it does seem a little off . . . I have this bizarre feeling he MAY be making the numbers up. At 12.8 psi on a 2.2L engine that makes 140 hp stock, that's a 127% power gain.

Bullshit.

I'd say at 12.8 psi he could make roughly 225 hp; a guy I know with a turbocharged Vibe runs 12 pounds and barely pushes 190 hp. So there ya go.

#7 ·
campbell said:
Could be leaving out the details of other mods he might have.
Kinda what I was thinking... I just can't believe that ONLY the turbo makes that much more power.

#9 ·
That 318hp is bull. At the bottom in questions he says he is using 30lb injectors. A 30lb injector is not going to support near 350hp at the flywheel unless you are suplimenting this with akly or a secondary fuel system wich I don't see there. Also, he says he just cut the end off a stock manifold and welded a flange on. GM, while testing the 2.2 for its max power in the N2O tests had major flow issues with the stock manifold above the 300hp level's. I wouldn't give 500 dollars for that set up.

#10 ·
The stats are somewhat believable... but here is what I question..... Quote:

"The turbo is Turbonetics "16G" ".... ummm 16g is a Mitsubishi turbo...... just to make sure there isnt a 16g equivalent, or to ensure that turbonetics doesnt work on mitsubishi turbos I went to their site and there was absolutly nothing on a 16g turbo..... WTFO.

#11 ·
I've seen hybrid Turbonetics T4/Mitsu 8cm to 14cm turbos in the past but it would not be a 16g, thats the compressor side. These turbos were all custom built for guy's in the SyTy world though.

Good point I didn't see that.

#13 ·
ahhh, 16g my second turbo love affair. it was wonderful

#14 ·
Gravana got a contract with GM to make a s/c & turbo setup for the cobalt. I'd like to see what turbo, and what mods to fuel/intake/exhaust systems they'll have to do to get the 2.0 to pump out mad hp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.