Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick note on the dealers that I have ran into working on the boost gauge mod. ( hope to finish this weekend)

1) Saturn of the Valley, Galpin Group, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles
Sales: Up front, very motivated, very nice people. Would buy again
from this sales department. My sales guy was Barry Libitsky,
really nice guy and like I said very up front:D
Service: Very nice but by the book for the most part. Ran from doing
any customer work(tie pins down on the ECM). It is very easy
to see that they will not be much help in the mod/tunner
segment of this market. This was huge let down considering
that they pride themselves on selling the first ever Saturn and
really stress the "suprise and delight" slogan. Really, huge
disapointment. :mad:
Parts: Not bad but very corporate like. Standard parts guy....

2) Saturn of Thousand Oaks, Bunnin Automotive Group, Thousand Oaks, Ca.
Sales: Pretty bad.... Low Key to almost not there. Do not follow up
worth a flip on internet inquires ( Galpin got the sale because
of this ). Guess they really don't like to sell cars. :mad:
Service: Great! Aggressive, on the ball, willing to help customers with
mods, above and beyond.... Went off the deep end trying
help with the ECM terminals... :D
Parts: A little slow but more than willing to spend the time to help.
Pulled out the parts master and spent a very good bit of time
trying to figure out some part numbers. :)

3) Rydell Chevrolet, Rydell Automotive Group, Van Nuys, Ca.
Sales: No experienece
Service: Ray, the shop manager... What a hoot, great guy.. Let me
climb around his Terminal Repair Kit and grab what I
needed and NO CHARGE! If I was in the market for Chevy, I
would really give these guys a shot. :D :D
Parts: Typical big dealer parts department. Busy, corporate, just
the parts sir.....

·
Registered
453 Posts
I bought mine at the valley dealer, but Ive gotten all my service done in Santa Clarita. The only reason I didnt buy from them is because at the time they didnt have the exact RL i wanted. But so far the service is good.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Barry at Saturn of the Valley was my salesguy, too. Nice guy.

I also agree with you about the service and parts departments - Especially the parts department.

I called to pre-order a couple of items for my car and they wouldn't order them unless I was there.

My best experience was at Saturn of Cerritos. A very far drive, but ended up being worth it. They did my Aero-Wing and allowed me to pre-order parts so they would be there when I came in for my appointment.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JDRedline said:
Barry at Saturn of the Valley was my salesguy, too. Nice guy.

I also agree with you about the service and parts departments - Especially the parts department.

I called to pre-order a couple of items for my car and they wouldn't order them unless I was there.

My best experience was at Saturn of Cerritos. A very far drive, but ended up being worth it. They did my Aero-Wing and allowed me to pre-order parts so they would be there when I came in for my appointment.
Yep, Barry did his job without pissing me off.. Saturn of the Valley's service is
fading pretty damn fast.. They owe me 2 more service intervals and if it can make it some place else it goes. The parts guy at Saturn of Thousand Oaks has been a very nice suprise. The guy is named Wayne Sanders and with my latest project (foglights) he has held stuff and simply stated that if I screwed up on the parts order he would not stick me with something that I can not use. I did not get the "this is a special order, no refunds or exchange" crap that I got out at Saturn of the Valley. He also allowed pre orders over the phone and my last bill was around 300.00 bucks.

Mark

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
WOW I cant believe they missed this thread. well maby because its old as dirt.

Dealership: Saturn of El Cajon.

Sales: awesome Very polite and they seem to want you to get in the car you want. They dont just try to put you in anything just to make a sale. though my sales guy didnt work at Saturn of El Cajon about a week after i bought my car. :lol: Maby hes fleeing the country. just playing.

Service Department: Service manager Mr. Hansen he needs to grow thick skin and lean how to deal with customers. At first they seemed like they would help a guy with mods but they dont like to do it at all. In the end I ended up getting my highly modified car fixed under warranty but I had to fight tooth and nail to do so. I was kicked out of thier shop before I could plead my case or before the car was fixed properly which i payed out of my pocket for. The service writer Charlie was awesome very professional and always kept me updated. He didnt seem to mind when id call him all day everyday. :lol: Brad, the general manager of Saturn of El cajon ended up making sure they could do what they had to in the end. As far as the techs go the ones i worked with seem to have a solid working knowledge about cars and the products they work on. However, two of them made some very amature mistakes when working on my car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dealership: Coutesy Chevrolet of San Diego

Not much to say except the service seems decent except they steal your oil if you don't watch them. They did everything right in getting me the deal I wanted for my trade in, and my monthly payment. Theyre parts department and service department is lacking..... there are a couple of guys there that try to do deals when the parts manager isn't looking so. They don't won't do the stage kits but will sell them and there reason is because they don't want to warranty them. But my dealings with them have been great except everytime im there they try to get me in a Trailblazer SS.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Saturn of Santa Ana...:fu:

Great Sales team, Cosmo is the guy to talk to in there. He gave me a great deal.

The GSM is aloof, and new to the area...he seems really busy, doesnt really help you with any concerns, or problems.

(Complete lack of) Service Dept...should be renamed Circus Dept.
Shawn Lebs , the general service manager, is a total a-hole. Short witted, sarcastic, childish and completely un-proffesional. He will threaten to void your warranty over anything. He weasles his way out of fixing your car at all costs. Avoid him at all cost. He also sees over the Saturn of Huntingtn Beach, and Anaheim Service Depts.

The service dept is overall very lazy. Noone likes to work very hard, and would rather cause more problems to your car, to book more labor hours.

Great sales experience, VERY bad service.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Saturn of Huntington Beach:

Sales: The staff were great. Their practices though I wasn't too thrilled with. My Sky had a $3,000 "alarm" on it. Their justification was that other dealers were putting $3,000 mark ups on the car for no reason and at least they were giving you an alarm. They did take that mark up off and give me the alarm for cost (probably regular price but ehhh) and I liked having the motion alarm with a vert so that was nice of them. Transaction and follow up have been great.

Service: Never used them so can't say anything about it.

Saturn of Riverside:

Sales: FANTASTIC! True no haggle dealership. I sat down with them when thinking about buying an Ion RL and not only did we not need to worry about pricing but they came out with 0.09% APR loan for 60 months on the down I asked for! And it was on the first pass...none of the back and forth BS! NEVER has any dealer done this with me where they show me EXACTLY what I qualified for. Misty was my salesperson and she is great. When I first looked at getting my Sky I reserved one with them at MSRP. No markups! And this was when you never saw one on the lot because they were gone in hours! The ONLY reason I didn't buy it from them is because HB happened to have one on their lot available and I was in a rental car at the time thus needing the car ASAP. Otherwise I would never have gone looking.

Service: Top notch for a service department. Most of my stuff has been warranty stuff but I did have a rat chew through a wire killing a fog light. They ordered the part and said the repair would be around $89. But when they were finished they told me it was only $45 because they were able to repair the wire without having to replace the plug so even though they had to order the part AND it had come in they didn't use it so they could save me some money. I really appreciate that! As far as mods go I don't think they would do much there though they were open to the idea of me swapping out my standard diff for the optional LSD. Since I do most of my own mod work anyway this isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
633 Posts
saturn of Whittier... The BEST dealership ever, I get the service guys discount on everything. his name is albert... i bought my car in cerritos, the salesman was a little old man named johnny, during our test drive he raced an rsx so i had to buy the car. but their service sucks, they never washed my car without leaving all kinds of spots and spilled oil all over my motor. but Saturn of Whittier is the shit

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
007 redline said:
saturn of Whittier... The BEST dealership ever, I get the service guys discount on everything. his name is albert... i bought my car in cerritos, the salesman was a little old man named johnny, during our test drive he raced an rsx so i had to buy the car. but their service sucks, they never washed my car without leaving all kinds of spots and spilled oil all over my motor. but Saturn of Whittier is the shit
wait you mean to tell me that you test drove your car but the salesman drove???? what kind of crap is that???? :killtard:

·
Registered
633 Posts
he pulled it out of the lot to a "safe" area than let me drive, the cerritos auto square is always packed

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
^lets not jack this thread guys...

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
^lets not jack this thread guys...
ya what he said..
saturn of the valley
sales was awesome. got my car from arnold wilson.
SERVICE: forget about it..
VENTURA: was formerly T.O. SATURN. havent dealt with sales but parts counter guy is nice..
SERVICE:very nice and mod friendly. but the tech didnt do my stage 2 install correctly. damn those injector seals

1 - 13 of 13 Posts