Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got some codes, and they keep comming

my car will every once and a while throw code P1182 and a ces light will come on, than if i am not careful it has stalled at a redlight, or if i give it TO much gas it will throw code P0068 and i can not figure out why, i had the psi-fi kit installed but the car would not even start with the piggy back on, who knows why, ray told me to send in the piggy back but have been WAY to busy to get to the dyam post office. so i took the wireing harness for the psi-fi kit off and soldered the map wire back together still throws codes and goes into limp mode if i go wot 50% of the time. i have yet to figure out what it could be, i am still running the 2.8 pully, and have the vac line disconnected and pluged. anyone have any ideas, i have read that p1182 can be caused by carbon build up in the t/b, going to take it off and clean that up, i have the stock intake on(top half at least). well any thoughts would be great, thanks guys.

·
Registered
605 Posts
im getting those codes to and im stock i dunno why i happens when im about to race i step on it and it pulls then goes into limp mode i have to turn off the car for a couple of mins and start it againe it starts fine but check engine comes on them im riding for a good 2-3 miles and check engine comes off i dunno what the hell it is but imma take it in the dealear and see ill let u know what happens

·
Registered
23 Posts
Same here, my car keeps going into limp mode when i take off from a light or just try to pass somebody.. I have to stop, turn the car off, and wait for 2 mins.. It sucks, took it to saturn, and they said they tried to duplicate it, but with out any luck of course.. Right when I take it off the lot it does it... :mad: .. so i took it back and they found like 32 codes in the memory... A whole book.. And now i don't have my car... :( ..

·
Registered
605 Posts
god damn my firend 32 codes take the computer and trow it away bro im starting to hate these cars i havent seen a car with so many recalls and so many problem i know some one in the dealear only thing i work alot and i have no time but imma get on that problem and ill let u guys know was up cuz im tired of going to race and this shit goes into limp mode it sound like a damn focus or a geo metro i dunno why they have so many problems they run great but the ecu is a pieace of shit i cant wait for aftermarket computer

·
Registered
605 Posts
let me know what they do to ur car saveferris cuz im worried if it will affect the car in anyway cuz i havent taken it in let me know what they tell u

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
navymitch12 said:
ok i got some codes, and they keep comming

my car will every once and a while throw code P1182 and a ces light will come on, than if i am not careful it has stalled at a redlight, or if i give it TO much gas it will throw code P0068 and i can not figure out why, i had the psi-fi kit installed but the car would not even start with the piggy back on, who knows why, ray told me to send in the piggy back but have been WAY to busy to get to the dyam post office. so i took the wireing harness for the psi-fi kit off and soldered the map wire back together still throws codes and goes into limp mode if i go wot 50% of the time. i have yet to figure out what it could be, i am still running the 2.8 pully, and have the vac line disconnected and pluged. anyone have any ideas, i have read that p1182 can be caused by carbon build up in the t/b, going to take it off and clean that up, i have the stock intake on(top half at least). well any thoughts would be great, thanks guys.
The 1182 is Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor Performance and the 068 is Throttle Body Airflow Performance .... See a trend here.. PUT THE VACUUM LINE BACK.. and then check all of the intake connections for leaks etc....

Mark

Oh yea, one more thing.. The vacuum line mod is a known code thrower and has been determined to be pretty much worthless...

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
04RedLine04 said:
god damn my firend 32 codes take the computer and trow it away bro im starting to hate these cars i havent seen a car with so many recalls and so many problem i know some one in the dealear only thing i work alot and i have no time but imma get on that problem and ill let u guys know was up cuz im tired of going to race and this shit goes into limp mode it sound like a damn focus or a geo metro i dunno why they have so many problems they run great but the ecu is a pieace of shit i cant wait for aftermarket computer
I've only had 2 recalls. How many have you had? Also, what the hell are you doing to the car? I've never had as many problems as you talk about. No SES ever, no limp mode, nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts