Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Formally *Poppz*
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening Guys//
The other day Patti & I were going to a store,when I noticed the *Famous Check Engine Light* came on.So,w/no real Problems we drove it home.It was dark when we got home.Next day,Patti had an appointment,and when she was drivin',she called me and saidthe *Light* went out.So,when she got home,I popped the hood,and remembered 'bout what GC said 'bout the:Air Filter/MAF Sensor & Throttle Body need to be checked.Sure as Sh!t,Air Filter was the *Original*.Bought a New one.MAF Sensor,didn't look bad but I bought:CRC/MAF Cleaner.Took Care of that.But the Throttle Body is *Funky lookin*.Sooo,I bought:*CRC/Throttle Body Cleaner Spray* and before I used it,I read on the can:"Do Not Use" in:*Supercharged/Turbo Charged* and a couple of other cars.Nice/*^$!$#*(^!!!!.So,My Question to you guys is:"What Brand of Throttle Body Cleaner do I buy to finish up w/this"?? I thought I had a Bad Issue w/my RedLine when the Light came on...Thank God,I Don't.Oil is still readin' FULL/:wave:/WHOOOTT.I have approximately *5,000/Miles*,Maybe alittle more.So,Would most of you Guys "Recommend a Change* at 5,000/Mi.??.I used to change my SC/2 at:3,000/Mi.I don't want to push this to the Max,though.It's got the starting to "Get Dirty Look*,so I'm thinkin' it may be.It'll be the 1st time,me changin' the Oil/Filter myself.I cannot afford:$80.00 for a Shop to do it...The RedLine drove down here,Nicely.Patti was comfortable in the Seat,and really didn't mind driving it.
BUTTT,She has to get her own vehicle.I now have,IIRC:41,200/Miles/=O[.Ohhh,BTW,The Premium Fuel here is approx.:$3.41 a Gallon @a BP Station by us.Others like Sunoco/Citgo are fairly close.Neet!!!!!.New York,where I used ro live was $3.80-$3.90 per gallon,and some others were a bit more!!So,If you guys would please Help,I'd be Grateful as Always.
Have A Good Evening and A Happy and Safe July/4th/:wave:.
All The Best//
*Grumppz*//GMStage/2

·
I
7,839 Posts
I used whatever AutoZone brand throttle body cleaner was on the rack. Just take the TB off, spray it in and wipe it down. Just make sure it's thoroughly cleaned/dry when you put it back in.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I used whatever AutoZone brand throttle body cleaner was on the rack. Just take the TB off, spray it in and wipe it down. Just make sure it's thoroughly cleaned/dry when you put it back in.
Exactly as ALL4GLH said. Also if u the supercharger inlet is dirty, spray some cleaner on a rag and wipe it down like that. Never spray into the supercharger. Other than that she should be all good to go one inlet and TB is dry. Good luck with the cleanup. We all had to do it one time or another. Its pretty easy and straight forward. If u are not sure about something, i believe someone made a HOW TO on the cleaning process.

·
Formally *Poppz*
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*=O]*/Okay*Thank You For Your Help*

Evening Guys//
:bigthumb:/;)/:)...Thank You Guys.Much Appreciated.I *Will* check the *How-To Section* to see how it comes off.
As you said,It should be easy to Remove/Clean it Well and the Spray-The-Rag to clean the Inlet Pipe.
I hope it's nice tomorrow morning,then I'll Get R Done...lol.Thanx Again.Have A Great Evening,Guys.
Always The Best//
*Grumppz*//GMStage/2

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
That is really saying not to spray it in the opening to the supercharger. Rag cleaning should be OK.

Make sure your gas cap is tight. I have been having problems with that on my car. Apparently not sealing as well as it used to. If I only turn it 3 or 4 clicks it sets off the check engine light. Turn it a full turn or 2 and I don't seem to get the message. I want to spray my gas cap to see if that helps.

·
Formally *Poppz*
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*Good Evening*//=O]

That is really saying not to spray it in the opening to the supercharger. Rag cleaning should be OK.

Make sure your gas cap is tight. I have been having problems with that on my car. Apparently not sealing as well as it used to. If I only turn it 3 or 4 clicks it sets off the check engine light. Turn it a full turn or 2 and I don't seem to get the message. I want to spray my gas cap to see if that helps.
Evening Big Knight//
No,I won't spray it in the Supercharger Opening...Just on a Rag to clean the opening/:bigthumb:.I put a new Locking Stant Gas Cap on later part of last year.The Air Box was Dirty w/some Leaves and small particles on the bottom.So I sucked them out and then wiped it out clean.I believe I still have my Gas Cap,Big Knight.I would have to find it though.But,I'll send it to you.You can have it.IIRC,it had maybe:38,000/Miles on it.Thank You for the Help/:bigthumb:.Have a Nice Evening and July/4th.
All The Best//
*Grumppz*//GMStage/2

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Hey that would be great. Want a few bucks plus shipping? PM me and I'll send the address.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Just started raining up here... pouring

BTW, dirty TB is usually idle problem not light. Dirty or oily MAF is more likely to set light. Can you check to see if there are any codes? That would help narrow it down. Many parts places will read them for you.

·
Formally *Poppz*
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
*Good Morning*//=O]

Hey that would be great. Want a few bucks plus shipping? PM me and I'll send the address.
Morning Big Knight//
When that Tropical System Debby was down here,It rained for like a Week!!But some of the people I talked to said Florida needed the Rain badly as Lake Waters were down alot.We had *Tornado Warnings* a couple of times...But nothing here.The West Coast of Florida,got a ton of Rain and caused big time Flooding,as I'd imagine you may have seen on the News Stations...I felt bad for those who live by the Ocean.That's why Patti and I moved almost in the Center of Florida,to avoid that BS.It's Pretty and All when it's Nice,BUT,People chance it by living there.Than they blame the weather/etc. and one older couple said they're moving to Arizona,'cause of Debby...
Anyways,BK,Let me find the Gas Cap,and I'll *Touch Base w/You* ASAP.I just don't remember what Box/Tote it is in,as We still have some of them to go through.../=O[.I'll try and get out there Today and hopefully I an find it quickly/:bigthumb:.If you'd like to pay for the S&H,That's appreciated.I'll send it from the:*US/Postal Service*,which I love,as they "Do Not Damage Items*,like UPS/Fed-Up.Thanx Again for the Help,Bro.Have a Nice July/4th.
Always The Best//
*Grumppz*//GMStage/2

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Glad you did not get drowned by Debbie.

Let me know when you find the cap and how much S&H is.

·
Formally *Poppz*
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*Good Evening*//=O]

Glad you did not get drowned by Debbie.

Let me know when you find the cap and how much S&H is.
Evening Big Knight//
Hey man...I think I found it/:bigthumb:.If it's the one,It has an approximately 6" Long Plastic Tether,with a small Push Clip that has4/Prongs that connects to the Fuel Door.It has Icons on the Face of the Cap? Right-Side-Up on Top is a Gas Pump w/the Fuel Hose.Below the Turn Knob on the Left,looks to be an Open Bppk and to the Right is the Gas Cap Icon w/The Arrow goin' Clockwise as to tighten it.Is this the RedLine Gas Cap? I forgot,Big Knight,what ours looked like/=O[...I'm Sorry.LMK,if it is,If not,I'll look for another one I may have.
Well got the Throttle Body off/Cleaned up/Re-Installed,Cleaned the Intake Pipe w/a Rag.Warmed the Engine up and took it for a short spin.DAYUUUMM
...Talk About Get Up and Go
Just like when Paul tuned it!!!!!and *No Light*!!!!!!Ziiiiinnnnnnggggggg/lol.I'm Happy.Take Care.
All The Best//
*Grumppz*//GMStage/2

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
That's the cap. I had to out to my car to look. I never paid any attention to the incons on the cap face.

·
Formally *Poppz*
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
*Good Morning*//=O]

Morning Big Knight//
Okay/:bigthumb:.It was in the bottom Tool Box Storage.I received your PM w/your Address.The Cap is in Nice Condition w/No Damage,and the
*Push Clip is Still usable w/No Broken-Off Prongs.I Hope this will help you w/your Engine Light.I'll get it out to you,ASAP.Have A Nice Day B/Knight~:bigthumb:
All The Best//
*Grumppz*//GMStage/2

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I hope so too. The damn engine light came on again driving home from work. At least I had my inspection a couple of months ago, so I have a while to fix it.

Going to clean my TB and MAF tomorrow. Been over a year since last time I did it. I don't think this is the problem though.

Let me know how much shipping is...

·
Formally *Poppz*
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
*Good Morning*//=O]

I hope so too. The damn engine light came on again driving home from work. At least I had my inspection a couple of months ago, so I have a while to fix it.

Going to clean my TB and MAF tomorrow. Been over a year since last time I did it. I don't think this is the problem though.

Let me know how much shipping is...
Morning J//
Sorry to read this/=O[...I'll Send this out Today for you/:bigthumb:.One thing down here,Depending on which County one lives in,You either
have DMV/Inspection or Not.We live in *Polk County* and I do not have to get the RedLine Inspected/:bananahum/:bigthumb:.
I know how you feel,man.It's like the Light "Stares at You*/:disgust:..You take care,and again,I'll get this to you.
All The Best//
*Grumppz*//GMStage/2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts