Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cleaned my throttle body put last night with degreaser I think I made a mistake with that........now it sounds like the TB is sticking open cause it takes a little bit for the RPM's to drop. What do I need to do to fix this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,594 Posts
a bit of rev hang is normal for our cars man. pull out ur tb and make sure u TQ'ed it down to proper specs bro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the car will throrw the following codes and go in to limp mode because of the butterfly valve sticking. P0507, P1516, P2101, P2119. I just about to order the SMS throttle body and just going to give them this one as a core unless there is another company that makes TB's for our cars?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,106 Posts
Ron9919 said:
the car will throrw the following codes and go in to limp mode because of the butterfly valve sticking. P0507, P1516, P2101, P2119. I just about to order the SMS throttle body and just going to give them this one as a core unless there is another company that makes TB's for our cars?
Please don't do this if your current TB is bad, they take the cores and bore them to send to others. So if yours is bad that means someone else is going to get your problems. And with my luck it will be me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Eagle_f90 said:
Please don't do this if your current TB is bad, they take the cores and bore them to send to others. So if yours is bad that means someone else is going to get your problems. And with my luck it will be me.
then he'll lose his deposit if he don't send it back...if they send it out defective, they'll have to replace it on their end...
Ron, why didn't you tell me it was doing it when i was there saturday?? i still have my stock one in the trunk, we could've swapped it to see if it stopped at all or something...i know the girls were hungry, but they could've waited a little longer (don't tell Holly i said that though, lol)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Eagle_f90 said:
Please don't do this if your current TB is bad, they take the cores and bore them to send to others. So if yours is bad that means someone else is going to get your problems. And with my luck it will be me.



would you not assume that onces they make these semi-refurbished parts they are fully gone through, and inspected/tested?
 

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
Joined
·
9,519 Posts
silverredline said:
then he'll lose his deposit if he don't send it back...if they send it out defective, they'll have to replace it on their end...
Ron, why didn't you tell me it was doing it when i was there saturday?? i still have my stock one in the trunk, we could've swapped it to see if it stopped at all or something...i know the girls were hungry, but they could've waited a little longer (don't tell Holly i said that though, lol)...
so put his **** up on the shoulders of another company? that's lame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
NoRemorse said:
so put his **** up on the shoulders of another company? that's lame.
not exactly like that...they have to bore it out anyway, replace (don't know the technical name) the piece that opens up with the throttle for the air with a bigger one too...so they'll have to check to make sure that all works and i'm sure it will get re-greased properly...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,106 Posts
NoRemorse said:
so put his **** up on the shoulders of another company? that's lame.
Not only on another company but on the customer who buys it. I would be absolutely pissed if I got a bad one and had to pay my dealer to install the bad one, go with out one for a while, then pay to have the dealer install the replacment. That would be a lot of down time and money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Eagle_f90 said:
Not only on another company but on the customer who buys it. I would be absolutely pissed if I got a bad one and had to pay my dealer to install the bad one, go with out one for a while, then pay to have the dealer install the replacment. That would be a lot of down time and money
first off i wouldn't pay someone to swap it, it's easy as hell to do yourself and it's stated that the stock tb has to be in perfect working condition full your deposit to be returned, so if they passed it, it's on them at that point, not my fault they didn't catch it...i got a bad one once on my sc2, sent it back put my stocker back on, got the new one a few days later...it worked then i sent them the stock one for my refund...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,106 Posts
silverredline said:
first off i wouldn't pay someone to swap it, it's easy as hell to do yourself and it's stated that the stock tb has to be in perfect working condition full your deposit to be returned, so if they passed it, it's on them at that point, not my fault they didn't catch it...i got a bad one once on my sc2, sent it back put my stocker back on, got the new one a few days later...it worked then i sent them the stock one for my refund...
Yea that fine and good if you don't want your warranty. I like mine though so I would rather have them install it so if it causes damage I don't have to shell out my own money. Even if they did inspect it and found nothing wrong it is still a dick thing to send them a known problem one back as the core. Just cause they don't find anything wrong does not mean the problem won't creep back up later, then your screwing over someone else for your **** up
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
How would you damage something if you installed it yourself? It's simple unlike mechanical ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Aeain said:
How would you damage something if you installed it yourself? It's simple unlike mechanical ones.
that's what i'm saying...it's a direct bolt on replacement...i don't even think they'd realize it unless they took it off and noticed it was bored out...i did mine and never had an issue...plus, i kept the stock one and lost my deposit just in case it had a problem (happened once before)...
with Ron's, i don't think it's fucked up...i think the degreaser did just that, took out the grease so it's not opening and closing properly during throttle responses...that's why they make throttle body cleaner...
(i thought you'd know better Ron...:shrug03: )
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
silverredline said:
that's what i'm saying...it's a direct bolt on replacement...i don't even think they'd realize it unless they took it off and noticed it was bored out...i did mine and never had an issue...plus, i kept the stock one and lost my deposit just in case it had a problem (happened once before)...
with Ron's, i don't think it's fucked up...i think the degreaser did just that, took out the grease so it's not opening and closing properly during throttle responses...that's why they make throttle body cleaner...
(i thought you'd know better Ron...:shrug03: )
I agree...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,106 Posts
Aeain said:
How would you damage something if you installed it yourself? It's simple unlike mechanical ones.
Installing it is not the problem if anything ever goes wrong with it in the feature and causes damage is what I am worried about
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
If it's installed correctly and the part breaks then breaks something then it wouldn't be covered under warranty.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top