Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bough a Ion redline 2004 in great condition everything stock except tires and rims, are there any throttle response tools etc such as petal commander any other brands out there don't wanna buy something thats not doing anything, and also is there a governor on the redline curious

·
Registered
880 Posts
There is no governor and your best bet to adjust the throttle response would be something like HP Tuners. FWIW, cleaning the throttle body goes a long way in resolving issues with these cars. Aside from that, new plugs, ignition coils and an engine air filter also does wonders!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is no governor and your best bet to adjust the throttle response would be something like HP Tuners. FWIW, cleaning the throttle body goes a long way in resolving issues with these cars. Aside from that, new plugs, ignition coils and an engine air filter also does wonders!
I agree with you.

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
I'll second pirate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotcha I plan on using it as a 2nd daily and I don't wanna give it 600 hp or anything but is there anything I could do to give it more kick or a better pull ?
@piratepress

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
new to the redline - there is a learning curve to performance driving this car

give it some time and you will see the performance come out.

It will spin the wheels at the line but this car is no mustang or corvette unless you put the turbo on there

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had mine up to 145 before I backed off so I'm guessing no governor . But there are lots of things you can do to increase power and for pretty cheap too. Check out zzp website and dont use ebay if you want to make sure you are buying legit performance parts. As for wheel spin there are several things you can do to get better grip and put the power to the ground. Sticky tires being the best bang for your buck as far as grip. You get less mileage out of sticky tires but way less spin. When I first put on my bridgestone re71r tires my car barely spun in 1st with close to 300 whp.... of course I do also have solid mounts, upgraded axles, upgraded control arms etc... ... as for the other guy talking about mustangs and Corvette, I have smoked many of both mainly pre 2010 models but still v8

·
Registered
77 Posts
The stock PCM limits to close to 144, but with a tune you can go faster. ZZPerformance has a bunch of go fast parts and various maintenance parts. An easy and cheap power is the ZZP Stage 3. That should get you maybe 40hp is all is good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stock PCM limits to close to 144, but with a tune you can go faster. ZZPerformance has a bunch of go fast parts and various maintenance parts. An easy and cheap power is the ZZP Stage 3. That should get you maybe 40hp is all is good.
appreciate it highly considering this didn’t know it was out there, been long around would there be any benefit to twin charging it or is that not a good option I’ve heard the idea tossed around but don’t see much of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts