Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as some of you may know, I spent the last four days driving from my home, outside Madison, WI, over to Liljon's place, which is outside of Providence, RI, and then down to Tib's place outside of Indianapolis, and finally, back home. Liljon really wrecked his RL good, I hoping some of you need some interior pieces, cause I have too many, lol. Anywho, after driving through 2400 miles of the US, in multiple states, I still have to conclude that the absolute worst drivers I've seen, are all still in Chicago. I absolutely cannot believe HOW STUPID people can be on the road. How about not cutting off a guy with a truck and trailer only to slam on your brakes? Or maybe you should speed up on the onramp and get ahead of him instead of playing some "braking" game with a guy with 5+ tons to control. But what really got me made, is when the same thing happened to me twice in a row. Two idiots BOTH would not move over to let me merge. The first one was using 2 lanes in his Cougar, the second somehow needed all four in his explorer. There really wasn't much traffic at all in either occurance, yet they would not slow down, speed up, or move over. I wish them both dead.

So, Tib's said he'd make it worth my while and make me some lunch for delivering the front end parts he needed. I was expected some good food, preferably beef on a grill, since I cut him an ridiculous deal on what he got. He made dumplings in chicken gravy. Well, he cut up Pilsbury biskets and put them in premade gravy, anyway. So, I'm quite certain he still owes me a 16 ounce steak.

I forgot the best part!!! I left my house to pick up the trailer I was using on Wednesday night (I left Thursday morning), well, I hit a deer about 3 miles from my house. Still made the trip with the my truck, which is what hit the deer, but I can't really change the oil till I get a new hood and such. It's a new bodystyle '99 Silverado, for those of you who don't know. I smashed in the condenser, haven't really dug into it further since I won't be able to close the hood after I open it. If anyone has some parts for that, I could use 'em, lol.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just my luck. I really could use a hood, radiator support, radiator, condensor, grill, etc. But I'll go to the salvage yard if I can't get a good deal on them. So, I don't really know if it would be worth your while to dig too much. I'm sure there will be more of these things in the salvage yards than there were last time I visited.

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
9,519 Posts
Shabodah said:
Just my luck. I really could use a hood, radiator support, radiator, condensor, grill, etc. But I'll go to the salvage yard if I can't get a good deal on them. So, I don't really know if it would be worth your while to dig too much. I'm sure there will be more of these things in the salvage yards than there were last time I visited.
I can get them new at cost if you want. Just let me know.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
jesus shabs, sounds like idiots follow you around. Glad tibs got his stuff and you were still able to make the trip.

·
SPARTA!!!
10,655 Posts
^ I agree minus the MGD, when and if i drink its usually Guinness ES.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Caboose said:
^ I agree minus the MGD, when and if i drink its usually Guinness ES.
What the hell, mgd guinness whatever almost any beer goes with brats. Except for Tsingtao.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
At least you can predict when a Chicago driver will cut you off.

I can drive and pick out exactly when I'm gonna have to slam on my brakes.

Ohio drivers, on the other hand...still have me completely baffled.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Yeesh, MGD and Bud?

I'll only drink miller lite if I'm playing beer pong, otherwise its Coors or something foreign.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
handyjoe said:
Yeesh, MGD and Bud?

I'll only drink miller lite if I'm playing beer pong, otherwise its Coors or something foreign.
Coors? yuuuuuccccuck!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
handyjoe said:
This man speaks the truth.... i've been here almost 12 years and i'm still trying to figure them out.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
handyjoe said:
Ziggi said:
This man speaks the truth.... i've been here almost 12 years and i'm still trying to figure them out.
You guys have obviously never been to Hampton Roads in Virginia. I used to think that DC was bad until I moved here. DC just has a lot of traffic. Virginia Beach drivers just plain suck. I think it's because there are so many people from different parts of the country here. We actually have a road with a sign that counts the number of deaths per year on it. That's when you know it's bad.

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
handyjoe said:
At least you can predict when a Chicago driver will cut you off.

I can drive and pick out exactly when I'm gonna have to slam on my brakes.
+1 Joe...It's all most like the lean out the window "Hey you bastid, I'm fuckin cuttin you off now"

btw - Shab...have you not met Tibb before? I wouldn't expect him to be a cook and if he said he was preparing a meal I would expect a bag of Micki D's or something. :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts