Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple friends and I have been discussing doing timed runs through roads. We had been scouting and found a couple great places out in the country. Ever notice that when new neighborhoods are built, they put the roads down first? Nice fresh blacktop...

We found one that was layed six months ago, and the developer has filed bankrupt, so no building for the time being. But, as the roads are small, doesn't leave room for side by side stuff, but they are curvy and have elevation changes. You can drive just short of a mile in a loop of road. A quick breeze through this evening, just to look at things, we were only able to get to 70mph in the longest straight section, before the road turns sharp.

Should be fun. Going to time runs from start to finish and compare. Buddy is running a heavy modified Integra GSR. Fairly fast car, but he has a very firm suspension, and I spin in corners he doesn't. Oh yeah, should be fun. Hope to get out there in the next week or so.

Just a thought that all racing doesn't have to be straight line high speed...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yea i agree i wish i could find somewhere like that around here but i am kinda afraid of cops after last ticket i got for 30 over in my redline

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the cop thing bothers me too. The place we have picked out is pretty remote, but the sherrif does still patrol out there. Might have to make nice with a deputy or something.

When I was in high school, we would race on a long road that was two lanes each direction, and the best part was, that cops would show up tpo watch. It was a long access road behind the Hononlulu airport. There was even a cop once who put his Olds 442 against my '66 Mustang. It was great to have a cop in the next lane. He even kept his blue light on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i beat a GSR on twisties before

1 - 4 of 4 Posts