Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

The lamps in the HVAC controls are these tiny little incandescent things soldered to the PC board, not LED's. I don't want to risk messing with LED's again (already fried my BCM) and I was wondering if anyone with any electrical background knows anything about these particular bulbs, where they could be found, etc?

Width: 3/16"
Overall Height: 3/8"
Height of the base: 3/16"

The base looks like this:

And this is the bulb:

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hvac lamps

hey in 2011 you posted about the hvac lamps. did you ever find the replacements? I'm having the same problem and getting no traction. What did you wind up doing for that. thnx

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
hey in 2011 you posted about the hvac lamps. did you ever find the replacements? I'm having the same problem and getting no traction. What did you wind up doing for that. thnx
Ya could try a 192led. Most of our little bulbs swap with those.

Can ya put a coin next to the bulb for size comparison

·
Registered
21 Posts
get 3-5 mm through hole LEDs and 560-580ohm resistors. youll need to solder them into the board and LEDs are polarity specific so make sure they go in the proper hole. the Anode is positive, Cathode is negative. the bulbs in the HVAC are all solder in so there is nothing to "plug and play" like the cluster. I did all of my interior bulbs in blue and it looks amazing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts