Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What should I expect as a fair cost for replacing one tire? I've been told that the repair will set me back $252 CAD, or $201 USD, with labour included. With tax, it comes out to $290 CAD, or $232 USD.

I had it pointed out to me that my Right Rear tire was underinflated this morning. Upon closer inspection, I found some sort of brass fitting/needle embedded in the centre of the tire, protruding from one of the grooves. Since my local Saturn Dealer was overbooked, I brought my vehicle to the recommended Dunlop Retailer. When Retailer mechanics took off the tire they found another nail that had gone through the bottom of the tire and gouged (taken a chunk out of) the sidewall. Evidently, this was the cause of the air leakage and not the brass metal, which had not punctured the rubber. This was not helped by having a low profile tire. The retailer gave me a loaner tire and ordered the last replacement Dunlop in the area which should arrive on Monday.

Does this price seem appropriate? I seem to pick up a puncture of some sort every year, but have never had to replace a tire. Since my tires only have 3900km (2423 miles) on them and appear new so I disappointed to have to pay for one now. I've asked the dealership for a quote and I see that the're offered for $103.00 (USD) at The Tire Rack.

Thanks in advance & Best Regards!

·
Registered
5,202 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price Check!

Things in Canada must be more expensive! I haven't heard back from the Saturn dealership yet, but I did call a couple of places around Toronto; prices ranged from $246 CAD @ Tire Depot to $275. I guess modifications will have to wait. Wish I had got a good burnout on that tire or something though!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ACasper85 said:
i paid 186 US at discount tire about a month or so ago. damn michigan roads
Ah yes, how I fondly remember Michigan's famous wheel eating pot holes... ;)
although 696 should be a lot better now.
I wonder if Mase is still selling his set of 4 for $400 USD?
http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1843

When I called up Bridgestone, they recommended going to their Fuzion tires when I need a new set. I'm not sure how good they are compared to our stock tires, but they should be cheaper.
http://www.thefuzionzone.com/product_ZRi.asp

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah 696 isn't that bad anymore its 96 thats bad just outside of detroit. big construction goin on there from telegraph on. but we're slowly gettin the roads fixed. but the real question is for long will they be right. oh well i guess i will have to live with it for now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts