Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need some help. I've naroowed it down to a few options for rubber on the new 18"s ... has anyone heard of or had experience with any of the following tires:

General Exclaim UHP
Fuzion ZRI
Dunlop Direzza DZ101
Toyo Proxes 4
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Dunlop SP Sport MAXX
Kumo KU25

I'm going to hunt out reviews but I figured I'd check here first.

·
OG Factory Freak
17,332 Posts
Ok guys I need some help. I've naroowed it down to a few options for rubber on the new 18"s ... has anyone heard of or had experience with any of the following tires:

General Exclaim UHP
Fuzion ZRI
Dunlop Direzza DZ101
Toyo Proxes 4
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Dunlop SP Sport MAXX
Kumo KU25

I'm going to hunt out reviews but I figured I'd check here first.
I've seen alot of use of the above tires in bold...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Personal experience.... Proxies = Awesome

Besides that... have you ever considered 555's? I know a fair few guys around S'toon use them (since P+ stocks them), and have generally had great things to say.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personal experience.... Proxies = Awesome

Besides that... have you ever considered 555's? I know a fair few guys around S'toon use them (since P+ stocks them), and have generally had great things to say.
Never even spec's 555's ... I gotta do some more reading lol. Wonder what my availability might be in Regina

BTW thanks everyone!! it's very much appreciated

·
Registered
7,303 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
eagle f 1 are great tires..of course it depends on where you live and what you do with your tires...but the goodyears stick great on the street AND track...almost eliminated my wheelhop,and really drive well in tropical florida downpours!

·
Registered
286 Posts
proxe 4's all day! we put them on TL'S, RSX'S and never had any complaints good tire all around.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
let's see...

i run F1 GS-D3's in the summer. there's one main road that floods when it rains so i wanted something that grips well and still handles water.

ZRi's i have seen good reviews but wear out really really fast.

i have also heard that the exclaim uhp's wear out fast, but i haven't seen any.

my experience with toyos is with the FZ4 which is a step down from the 4's. they were sticky enough in the dry, but had very poor wet grip.

the rest i have little or no experience with.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Hoosiers for the road race track, MT's for the drag race track, and Avon 235 40 18 for the street/track 117 each at tire rack cant be beat, they are awesome as a track tire, ehy
wanna buy some new falken 451 18's 1000 klicks?....cheep cheep pm mw

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok well after a whack of reading combined with input from you guys as well as my tire guy lol ... I'm going to go with the Toyos on these wheels ... hopefully income tax refund lines up with dry road conditions :rofl:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
i had a set of ZRi's before, they were a pretty decent tire, no complaints. i think i liked them better than the BFG KDW's i have now that need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Ok well after a whack of reading combined with input from you guys as well as my tire guy lol ... I'm going to go with the Toyos on these wheels ... hopefully income tax refund lines up with dry road conditions :rofl:
where did you find those rims?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
where did you find those rims?
Basically I contacted a local guy who did a ton of leg work looking for wheels that would fit our bolt pattern in an 18" rim. He just kept emailing me pics of wheels and when I saw these I was pretty much sold lol.

There's more on the actual Boss site but these just looked like they wanted to jump on my car :D

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Avon 235 40 18 for the street/track 117 each at tire rack cant be beat, they are awesome as a track tire, ehy
Does Avon make a pretty decent performance car tire?
I've never tried them, and haven't' heard much about them.
I know their sportbike tires are frickin golden, but you pay for them....

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Does Avon make a pretty decent performance car tire?
I've never tried them, and haven't' heard much about them.
I know their sportbike tires are frickin golden, but you pay for them....
if i hadnt gotten a set off a development car, I would have never known. I beat the crap out of them on the track, and looked at the lap times,and then put on the falkens new and :mofo: they were awful...so now I am gonna buy some from tire rack and be happy. Hey I can ship the falkens cheep to you in ab or sk or whereever....:rofl:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Basically I contacted a local guy who did a ton of leg work looking for wheels that would fit our bolt pattern in an 18" rim. He just kept emailing me pics of wheels and when I saw these I was pretty much sold lol.

There's more on the actual Boss site but these just looked like they wanted to jump on my car :D
how much are they?

nevermind i have been looking and they are not a bad price.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts