Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it says on the tire, "max pressure 52psi". Seems a bit much. What do you guys keep them at?

·
Registered
416 Posts
it does say 52 psi max. I have had it at that and obviously the ride was quite harsh and there wasn't much traction (even here in vegas). I think the inside of the door says 35. That's what I keep them at.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i keep mine at just under 40, i figure i'll get better gas mileage that way

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
JPK said:
Yes.

It says that on the tire.
sure enough it does! thats really the only number i would trust...

·
Registered
524 Posts
JPK said:
Yes.

It says that on the tire.
Ummm, yeah. You don't use that number on the tire, that is a no no, lol. The tire can be used on multiple vehicles, that is why it has a max psi. You should be looking on your door sill and see what Saturn reccomends the psi to be at. That is the correct psi per your vehicle man...

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i don't set it at the max psi, i set it below that, as i stated above between 35-40. if i got a different tire, i will not be checking what it says in the doorsill...

can this cause much of a problem for me? it's not a big difference at all

·
Registered
524 Posts
Vita said:
i don't set it at the max psi, i set it below that, as i stated above between 35-40. if i got a different tire, i will not be checking what it says in the doorsill...

can this cause much of a problem for me? it's not a big difference at all
As long as you get the same size tire, the door sill suggested rating will work. If you get bigger rims and tires or what not, the tire place has these conversion charts that will tell you what you should run as far as PSI wise...

Tom

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here is what the Owners manual says. I've noticed if you keep the tire pressure at about 30-33 PSI's you have a little more grip than what I had them before which was 26-28. I tend to peel out more at lower PSI's which was strange to me. I have not tried going above 33 PSI's. Hope this helps some.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
As long as you get the same size tire, the door sill suggested rating will work. If you get bigger rims and tires or what not, the tire place has these conversion charts that will tell you what you should run as far as PSI wise...

Tom
never knew that, although i've never changed the rims/tires on my car (well i've replaced tires before) good to know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts