Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Starting to look at some summer tires. Mine are cooked from last year. I know what I want for a tire, but I'm curious as to how big I can go. Currently stock height. Going to drop it at some point an inch or so. I would like a little wider tire, and I'm ok with a little rubbing. I currently run stock 215 45 17. I was thinking a 225 40 or 235 40. Just need some more traction. Any info or personal experience would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I like my Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 215. The overall handling is superb, especially on a winding road. They handled the Tail of the Dragon with ease. They don't have the best forward traction though, so I'm currently saving for a set of 17x9 wheels and either some Federal 595RS-R's or Toyo R888's in 245.

Keep in mind that my traction problems are largely due to being turbo swapped, and most M62 and TVS cars won't have near as much trouble.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like my Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 215. The overall handling is superb, especially on a winding road. They handled the Tail of the Dragon with ease. They don't have the best forward traction though, so I'm currently saving for a set of 17x9 wheels and either some Federal 595RS-R's or Toyo R888's in 245.

Keep in mind that my traction problems are largely due to being turbo swapped, and most M62 and TVS cars won't have near as much trouble.
I'm running the stock blower right now and going to do tvs with e85 and I'm already with mild mods having traction issues. I need something wider and stickier for sure I was looking into those toyos myself. Appreciate the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts