Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, Michigan guys, it's time to get together again. I hope everybody can make it; I'm making this thread here because it's been discussed in the Performance Mods forum, but it's not really obvious. So the track day is July 16, it's in Stanton, Michigan. It's a bit of a hike from most of you Metro-area guys, but I think it'll be worth it - 110 miles from me in Hartland, so expect roughly 150 miles for most of you. Track opens for us at 8 AM and we're out by 3 PM so it'll be an early day. Anybody else in?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I just mapquested it, from me it is 2 hours 43 minutes and 160 miles. Needless to say I'll pass on this one.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
max_boost said:
I just mapquested it, from me it is 2 hours 43 minutes and 160 miles. Needless to say I'll pass on this one.
Yeah, it's a DAMN good jaunt, but I'm going to make the trek (it's only 110 miles from me :eek: ), I need a change of scenery.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'll be back down in Florida that week, as per ussual. I'm out. If I was home I would drive all the way up there because I am not a wuss like some people.

J/K Max, that is a long ass drive.

PS Someone go by my place and wash my car.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I have to pass because it's about 3 hours for me and I just had back surgery on Tuesday. Maybe next time. Is there a road coarse that we could do it at? I'm tired of beating on my car at the dragway.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
I have to pass because it's about 3 hours for me and I just had back surgery on Tuesday. Maybe next time. Is there a road coarse that we could do it at? I'm tired of beating on my car at the dragway.
I would like to setup a day at Gingerman sometime.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
I should be operational again by the end of July. Would we just go on an open track night? Wasn't Spooner coming there in the near future?
Just an open track night is what I was thinking, and you'll have to ask Spooner if he was planning on making a trip.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I would make the trip, and if I get registered for the Midwest Council, I will get a chance to race there for points. Not sure how that's gonna work out, I need a helmet and $80 for the reg fee, which is no problem if I coudl STOP BUYING THINGS!!!!

Eitherway, let me know a date and such...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I would make the trip, and if I get registered for the Midwest Council, I will get a chance to race there for points. Not sure how that's gonna work out, I need a helmet and $80 for the reg fee, which is no problem if I coudl STOP BUYING THINGS!!!!

Eitherway, let me know a date and such...
I seem to have the same problem. Damn E Bay

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
looks to be some days open in August for Test and Tune.

Here is the one stipulation for me guys, My wife is due with our first baby at the beginning of August so depending on how thats going will determine my participation. I will let you guys plan this out and should be a good shot at making it there.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
dipolley said:
J/K Max, that is a long ass drive.

PS Someone go by my place and wash my car.
Hell yea it is, especially at 8 am.

Where are your keys I'll go wash it and take her for a ride.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I would like too run on gingerman also. Only thing is I am kinda nervous about runung out there with a whole bunch of other people that have never done it before. I dont wanna scuff my plastic. Just last Thusrday I went to a racing school with the local corvette club at waterford hills and it was the most fun I have ever had with my car. I would say that racing on an acual road course is much easier than auto-x because once you learn the line all ya have to do is get your braking down and drive it faster. It would be cool if Gingerman had some experience drivers there to ride with people for a few laps to teach the line.

About my racing school. It was a total blast!!!!.... duh. The first 8 laps I did were in the rain and I was on my victoracers. The vettes couldnt keep me off their tails in the rain. I wish I could have some video of a vette ass all over my front end lap after lap. In the dry I was still quiker, but I only past one vette, Acura integra and lapped the slower cars a coule of times. We got a 20 min. run at hte end by ourselves. I had this one vette right on my ass every lap on the strait away. I never got flagged to let him pass though because he couldnt keep up on the tighter portions of the track. It wasnt a competitive event so I can say that I really kicked ass. Most of the guys were just out there for fun. I have an auto-x there on the 4th for anybody that is interested here is the info http://www.corvetteclubmi.com/images/waterford05.pdf

Hey Spooner. What kind of racing are ya gonna do out at Gingerman? The reason I ask is because to run in regional events at Waterford hills you have to have a roll cage which is something I am seriously considering at around 30,000 miles.

Also if you guys paln on running at Gingerman you might wanna change you brake fluid. I dant know if they will care but the vette club made a fuss about it with me on thursday. They wanted it to be no less then 90 days old. I also had to mount a fire extinguisher in my car.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where is Gingerman? It may have been discussed earlier, it may not. I'd LOVE to get a couple laps on a road course, that's been my dream ever since I got a CAR, let alone one that would be a blast to drive on a track. If we can plan something like that out, I'd be down in a heartbeat, I'd quit my job if I had to.

The trip to Stanton is going to suck balls, I know (I'm going to leave at 6 in the morning (that's going to be a bummer) but I want to make it out & hopefully try my hand at the drag strip.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts