Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 IRL, magnaflow catback, coilovers, carbon wing, alum splitter, zzp 2.5" header&dp, ZZP Stage 3
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have very recently had some 245/40/17's installed on my cars wheels (which are aftermarket, 17x7.5 with the stock offset of +42mm, stock is 17x7)
The tires I chose are the Vercelli Strada II's, they were the cheapest and most tread (13/32nds, all other tires were 11, 10, 9, or even 8) of any other tires, and have decent treadwear - 500AA. These are also only +0.4% tire diameter over stock, so no noticeable difference. And have good reviews as well.

It absolutely does fit! Even lowered with just about enough gap for my wrist to pass through between the fender and top of the tire. The fender liners are also in place. The tires do not scrub at all.
This is probably the widest I would ever put on a 17x7.5 rim, otherwise the tire shoulder would roll inwards too much. If I were on stock wheels, max I'd do is 235.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Hand Automotive tire Light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
1,810 Posts
Awesome!
Ive seen people have good luck with the strada IIs
Working in a dealer, a lot of random things come through.

And man, I love those wheels!!

·
Registered
2007 IRL, magnaflow catback, coilovers, carbon wing, alum splitter, zzp 2.5" header&dp, ZZP Stage 3
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome!
Ive seen people have good luck with the strada IIs
Working in a dealer, a lot of random things come through.

And man, I love those wheels!!
It's good to hear another person heard good things about these tires! Hopefully will last more than 2500 miles time on the drive wheels before needing to be rotated - unlike the previous tires which were Ironman iMove Gen 2 A/S, 215/45zr17. Only 5k miles and the whole set needed replacing. Absolutely trash longevity, at least for a 200 hp coupe lol. In my opinion the tires are too skinny from factory, they need to be at the least 225, spinning in 1st gear was too easy. I say was. With these 245's I can't spin 1st gear, with the car now being ZZP stage 3 on a rich, safe, tune that is still probably more power than stock. We'll see about spinning after a proper tune - which is in the works.

·
Super Moderator
1,810 Posts
5k is way to soon. Unless you are absolutely beating on the car, but at that point, im sure you would be expecting to replace them sooner than later.
I usually rotate my tires every 3k. But that when I change my oil too.
Honestly, even my bolt on base model, I think I was running 205/45/16 and I was able to spin the tires in first and second.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts