Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, I've been having a million and a half problems. The most recent problem came yesterday when that plastic piece that holds your seatbelt off of your neck snapped off. I didn't pull on it or anything, the damn thing just broke. Next, my shifter knob came off while driving down the road two weekends ago. My cruise control keeps screwing up because it takes me three or more times of hitting the button for it to work and that has been looked at atleast 3 times by the guys at Saturn with no luck. Let's see, my rotors are shit. I've had them turned once and maybe two weeks later they were screwed up again. Also, I'm on my second transmission. Now, this is my tenth car and also my first new car and I couldn't have even imaigned(sp) the shit that I've delt with. I've owned much older cars than the RL and never even came close to the amount of trouble that I've had with this car. By the way, it only has 10,300 miles and the new transmission came with about 8,200 miles. After all of this, I think that I should contact Saturn and see what they say about this. Any input would be more than welcomed.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
That's quite a bit of problems for a car that can't be more than a year and a half old. I would call saturn and see what they say.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Call. Just see what they tell you. Maybe you can get a brand new '05!!!?..maybe not, but who knows. They will try to keep you satisfied so that you will buy GM again and Saturn is all about service. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
that sucks, you probably have a lemon on your hands, i'd look into the lemon law before you call, that way you will be more educated on the subject (make sure for your specific state).

most of us don't have the problems you do, and there's no reason why you should be having them. don't give up until they've resolved the matter

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I have actually thought about pursuing the lemon law, but I wasn't sure about it. Now that I've gotten some feed back from you guys, I think I'll push real hard to get an '05. I think it's only fair!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah, I think under the lemon law, if i recall correctly, if you bring the car back in for the same problem 3 times in a row they have to replace it. However, im sure there are also other stipulations like bringing it numerous times for numerous problems. Good luck man....

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Here is a link for the lemon law of Iowa (yes, I am very very bored right now).

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I think you were riding it a little to rough i mean it takes a lot to kill this tranny or really any manual other than not pushing in the cluch all the way and keep flooring the gas the whole time while tring to shift. and the rotors you are waiting wayy to loong to stop. try down shifting before you have to stop and use the brakes a little ahead of time. and the cruse control had been hit like punched and couple tooo many times to screw up the connections inside i bet if they put in new ones itll work fine. i mean i dont think out of the 10 cars ive had in 4 years i have had that many probs other than with fords. All my other cars were older too. the only transmittion that i shot was in a 1998 ford contour auto and i would throw it in to reverse and then slam it into first then second and then to drive just to get it pealling out.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Just because he has lots of problems doesn't mean it was his fault. That is the whole reasoning behind the lemon law. Every car you buy you have a chance in being a lemon. A 1 in a 5,000 chance, but it does happen and it happens more than you think.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
ohhh i know mine was a sort of a lemon it was taken as one but gm didnt classify it as a lemon. it had troubles starting and they did extensive tests and they could never recreate the problem thats when i bought it. also i was not intending it was his fault but that is just the way it seems. its kinda rare to go thru rotors that fast and a transmission and all that i can understand some but damn dude that is a little too much at once.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
1 in 5000?

maybe he has the only one LOL

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Haha, well I am guessing here. There will always be lemons as that is what happens when you mass produce something, something will go wrong and unnoticed. Like I work in a grocery store and I've seen 2L pop bottles filled with nothing but air, but sealed, gum packages with nothing but air, boxes or ceral and crackers where there is no bag inside just the crackers in the box. These things happen when it is all about speed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
XeroState said:
Here is a link for the lemon law of Iowa (yes, I am very very bored right now).
Thanks for hookin' me up. I'm heading off to South Dakota for my two week annual training tomarrow so I'll have to wait until I get back to really get in deep with this whole thing. Anyway, thanks again!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
No problem, I have absolutely nothing to do during the day so I just search for random stuff and thought to look up the law.

·
Registered
46 Posts
pclear9061 said:
I think you were riding it a little to rough i mean it takes a lot to kill this tranny or really any manual other than not pushing in the cluch all the way and keep flooring the gas the whole time while tring to shift. and the rotors you are waiting wayy to loong to stop. try down shifting before you have to stop and use the brakes a little ahead of time. and the cruse control had been hit like punched and couple tooo many times to screw up the connections inside i bet if they put in new ones itll work fine. i mean i dont think out of the 10 cars ive had in 4 years i have had that many probs other than with fords. All my other cars were older too. the only transmittion that i shot was in a 1998 ford contour auto and i would throw it in to reverse and then slam it into first then second and then to drive just to get it pealling out.
YOu have no clue do you? The rotors are a problem that lots of people have had, including me. Mine had to be replaced after I had had the car for only 2k miles. Sorry, no kind of braking can go through rotors like that. FYI, the pads were fine. And no, unless he was doing really crazy stuff on the track like thowing it into reverse at 80, the tranny isn't going to go out unless it is faulty. Other things would break first. Do you even have a redline?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
yeah i do and i havent even had one problem other than that stupid 2nd gear lag

1 - 16 of 16 Posts