Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a rock to the spoiler at some point that I just saw yesterday after the car wash. Is this something I can get Saturn to fix? I'm not really sure how to interpret the warranty for this situation. I don't think that one hit should make a mark the size that it is. It's a little smaller than a dime, and I noticed there dosen't seem to be any primer under the paint on the spoiler. I know nothing about auto painting though, so maybe this is not unusal. Just wondering how to approach the dealer on this one, also has anyone used that clear film? I think its called 'Applique' or something like that, goes over the paint, supposed to be completely invisible, like an extra clear coat. I really think the spoiler needs to be repainted and with the way it sticks up I don't think it would be a bad idea to get it covered, along with the hood maybe. Any opinions?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had a chip on my front lip, noticed it before I took the car. They have a local painter guy take a look at at, he filled it and painted it in about 45 minutes looks flawless. I think it might be the same type of material. As far as the coating, probibally wouldnt work out, it would be really dificult to get the whole thing covered without a visible seam or wrinkle. Tell them you just noticed it after wasing it and go from there.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The spoiler is an odd place to have taken a rock. :confused:

There's a lot of construction around where I live so I've taken a few to the front fascia and hood. No damage that anyone but me would ever notice though. (luckily)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's on the leading edge of the spoiler, maybe I should mention that it's the wing, not just the little spoiler. I was thinking it got thrown off a truck tires or something, there has also been some pretty good salt piles laying in the road too. I thought it was a strange place too, it could have been the car wash that did it, it was one of those touchfree Mobil ones. I'll give the dealership a call on Saturday and see if I can drop it off Monday or Tuesday and have 'em fix it. I know if I don't fix it it's just going to get worse!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
683 Posts
If a touchless car wash even could have did it, it was a defect in the construction of the wing. Does it look like it was struck, like with spiderwebs in the paint, or is the break clean?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's pretty clean, but there is an area around the chip that looks like a 'smudge' or something. That's why I think it's a rock. I'm going to tell them it was from the car wash and let them tell me otherwise. If it is all my own fault, I'll see if I can get them to split the cost of fixing it or something. I know I can get the whole damn wing repainted for less that $200 so it can't be too bad.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Definitely NOT a warranty issue - it's damage, and only manufacturer defects are covered. The dealer would have to ship the replaced part to the manufacturer, and would get slammed, so they won't do it...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
they will not cover anything caused by a rock hitting your car. Basically thats your problem not thier's. If your car gets scratched by a car wash, how is it thier fault? A meteor comes out of the sky and smacks into your parked car, they wont care because it's not thier responsiblity.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think that a meteor coming out of the sky, and a paint chip are the same thing. I don't even know for a fact that it WAS a rock, just kinda assuming from the shape of the area. The more I look at it, the more I don't think it was a rock, it would have to have followed the roof line all the way around behind the back window without having touched any other part of the car, and it's a decent size chip, so it's not from a grain of salt, it would need to be pretty decent sized. The only thing that I actually know for CERTAIN, is that I washed my new car, and when it came out, there was a spot of paint missing. If a touch-free car wash is capable of taking off normal, factory quality paint, then why didn't it happen with my last Saturn which went through that exact same car wash 100 times? In my opinion, if it was a car wash that did it, that's defective paint.

I actually outlined several courses of action to employ, 2 of the 3 involve me paying some amount of money. Even getting the whole thing painted myself, so what in the hell makes you think that I would hold them responsible for a meteor coming out of the sky and destroying my car?? Damn man. I was asking if anyone else had this problem with a car that is 2 weeks old, and what they would do for it. I'm glad everyone is such a warranty expert on the paint of the cars, but I was just as willing to pay 1/2 or all if it was necessary, just looking for additional opinions...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts