Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its actually just a 1 1/2ft or so tube with some stupid plastic around the middle of it. It sounds a little deeper throttleier(?) You can hear the SC just a tad bit more.

But here is my therey there is about 7 inches from the whole to the fender all I am going to do is put a filter right at the end of that and then i would have a CAI. Of coarse i am going to take out the stock filter but you can leave the whole system in place and still have a CAI. It might be a little more restrictive then a true 1 or 2 piece metal pipe but hey it will look stock. I am going to measure some cheap crappy Autozone filters tommrow and try this out. Anyone think its a good idea?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
the filter I got at Autozone was a 3" fitting but the 3 1/4" rubber stock pipe going to the top of the airbox fit perfectly over top of it. I just spent today ripping the fender snorkel out and took the rubber hose from the bottom of the filter canister and brought it down through a hole I cut in the plastics underneath it. Looks pretty good and it has a nice flow to it.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to take out the factory filter and put an Autozone one attached to the pipe that goes into the fender. So the filter would be getting cold air. I just have to see how the pipe goes into the stock box. Have any pictures of that?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
please guys, you need to realize that there are drainage holes in the airbox, so if you do it fill the holes, hopefully with something you can get off, yet won't come off on it's own

1 - 4 of 4 Posts