Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the 1/4 mi. last night. I wasn't pleased, but would've posted if I got good times, so will post the bad too.

First of all, since I did my intake and unplugged the computer, it's been stalling occasionally.
1st. pass- left good, 2.227 60' went to shift into 2nd and the car died! Wouldn't even jumpstart itself by letting the clutch out. Had to restart w/key.
Started it and finished the [email protected]
2nd. pass- wheel hop bad! stalled again. Gave up on that run as I was pissed! :mad:
3rd. pass(plugged the boost bypass line back on, and disconnected my datalogger in case 1 of them was the culprit) Shifted into 2nd @6000 to be sure I wasn't hitting revlimiter.
Ran: 60'-2.277-wheel hop bad again
1/[email protected]
1/4 - [email protected]
Better! The car stayed running at least!
4th pass- left better(less weel hop/spin)
60'-2.335
1/[email protected]
1/4 - [email protected]
That was it. I was really hoping to do better, but I need to get a reflash as it seems to be screwy since I disconnected the computer. My datalogger was showing my LTFT's to be way off on the way down there.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
post your times in the official times list, practice makes perfect though, you'll get better

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
and i bet the problem was having the boost bypass line plugged, it's there for a reason

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yah

Yah it obviously was. I dont like to screw around with the computer except for getting a whole new one. But yah cool cool. Let's get those down in the 14's next time and earn some real respect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Vita said:
and i bet the problem was having the boost bypass line plugged, it's there for a reason
You have to unplug the line form the boost control selenoid to the wastegate........not the line from the wastegate to the S/C.

·
Registered
679 Posts
It all gets better w/time good times for 1st run. my second time back to the track i was hitting Mid 14's and somtimes a 15 flat w/hop but im mostly hitting 14'5s constant.

·
Registered
291 Posts
any one know what happens if you pull the fuse for the boost control selenoid

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
johnboy8221 said:
any one know what happens if you pull the fuse for the boost control selenoid
Is there a fuse for it? Might sound like a good idea.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Colin said:
It all gets better w/time good times for 1st run. my second time back to the track i was hitting Mid 14's and somtimes a 15 flat w/hop but im mostly hitting 14'5s constant.
Yeah, been racing a while, but, it was my first time in a FWD car. Very different! The wife will be trying for them 14's in it Sat. [email protected], see ya there?

·
Registered
563 Posts
what's this about unplugging boost lines?
i'm totally new to this car but i know there's alot of potential just don't know the tricks yet

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
playboy said:
what's this about unplugging boost lines?
i'm totally new to this car but i know there's alot of potential just don't know the tricks yet
As I proved, not a good idea! At best, it does nothing, at worst, it made my car stall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts