Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as to not clutter up the thread for sales, i wanted to start a thread for discussion of the torque brace from Goofyguy.

this is a place to discuss install, impressions, etc.

i am wondering, to those who have it on the car, does it make launching harder because you spin easier, or can you push it a bit more like i'm hoping to be able to do since the hop is gone.

is it pretty easy to install correctly? seems easy enough.

basically any general comments re the torque brace are helpfull. i'm going to the track this weekend, and just wanted to know what i'm getting into because i won't have much time to drive with it on before i go to the track.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
You were saddened the other day because nobody responded to your posts; I haven't installed it, I want to but am having trouble scraping together ANY amount of money, I just thought I'd keep this one alive :D

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I just ordered mine and was wondering almost all of those same points. Come on people (granted its like 10 in the morning here...but still) lets get compliments and/or complaints/suggestions (these will only make him make better ones, like what the Saturn dudes said to him).

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
You were saddened the other day because nobody responded to your posts; I haven't installed it, I want to but am having trouble scraping together ANY amount of money, I just thought I'd keep this one alive :D
i was just having fun with myself!

hopefully people can chime in here, he could possibly get more testimonials this was as well!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Waiting

I got mine (one of the first batch) but am waiting for the new brackets for the new mounting point. I was going to install this weekend but I dont think the brackets will be here in time.
I will keep you informed.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump for the night owls...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
who who who?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I hope that this brace helps the wheel hop. A guy I know ;) raced his RL a couple weeks back & the wheel hop was so bad that it seemed like the end of the world. He's definately not going to drag race it again until the wheel hop issue can be resolved.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
So you guys with the torque braces.........

How's the launching with the brace on? Did you have to re-learn your launch technique? I'd imagine you'd just sit there and spin the first few times you tried.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
wheel hop. On solid ground good luck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
as for launching the car i think the brace makes it easier because you can vary you rpm's and not have to worry about the whole dash board shaking. i think with a set of drags radials we would be low 14's high 13's easy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well...? The main thing I want to know is how it affects launching! The solving of the wheel hop issue is a milestone, yes...but at $150 a pop or more, roasting tires (while fun!!! :D ) just is'nt something I can afford right now. Hell, Ive got to do some scraping just to get the brace. It's not expensive...I'm just poor! :(

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
cyrix said:
Well...? The main thing I want to know is how it affects launching! The solving of the wheel hop issue is a milestone, yes...but at $150 a pop or more, roasting tires (while fun!!! :D ) just is'nt something I can afford right now. Hell, Ive got to do some scraping just to get the brace. It's not expensive...I'm just poor! :(

To do a good launch 2200rpms and the stock tires will grip rather well. It also seems to give better traction becuase the motor can absorb the movement of the tires. When it does that the motor mounts push it back you lose traction. I have been killing my tires just to test out my product. But you dont have to do that.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
goofyguy said:
I have been killing my tires just to test out my product. But you dont have to do that.
Oh but I want too!!!!:D My buddies always ask why I only launch under 2,500...so I put it to 3,000 and launch...they see why instantly....now they are waiting just as much as me to see if my baby can leave some nice blackies....lol...I am such a kid:D.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
rotate them often then. I beat mine up and they still have quite a bit left to them.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
goofyguy said:
rotate them often then. I beat mine up and they still have quite a bit left to them.
i do every other oil change, or every 6,000 miles. i believe you have to in order to keep warranty on them.

i can't wait to see what i can do with this baby on!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
well vita thats what 7 hours away?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
goofyguy said:
well vita thats what 7 hours away?
he he, i told the fiance she better be home for it, or shes going to the post office! unfortunately, it's rainy, hopefully it won't keep up today though. i guess i should check the weather...

either way, she's goin' on tonight!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts