Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on Goofy's Torque Brace, great freakin job. Works real well. Gave it 3 good hard tries, and I could feel the smallest pulsation where it should have been wheel hopping, even did a good long 1st gear burnout up the driveway. Nada. Goodbye Hop!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got mine in the mail, but heaven forbid if I can Find the Damn install instructions! I know they're somewhere in these forums but I just can't seem to find them! :confused: Any Help?

·
Registered
629 Posts
goofy guy came and delivered one of his braces and the thing is all good it does what

its supposed to do ........(yea) 120.00 aint bad .

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Does shifting seem any smoother? Is there an increase in engine noise in the interior?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
wxmd said:
I just got mine in the mail, but heaven forbid if I can Find the Damn install instructions! I know they're somewhere in these forums but I just can't seem to find them! :confused: Any Help?
I have a link to his site in my sig which has the install on it.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
wxmd said:

http://yrethguad.tripod.com/install.html

there ya go. I went to tampa to install in a 05 redline. Took about 15mins with the tools in hand. Riz can vouche for that. But what a pain in the ass. You guys are right they are behind the damn spring. Still drilled from the engine bay still only took 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Im a vendor WOOT. And did you ever find the orignal brace I sent you captain Spoony. And how long did it take you to install it?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yeah, my holes are directly behind the springs too......i must have a different frame or something. its a bitch to get em in, and its certainly not gonna take me 15 minutes.

glad u got it in spooner! give us some pics!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I love the torque brace. I have yet to get any wheel hop after installing it this last Wednesday. I haven't gone out and tried spinning the tires all through first gear and whatnot, though I certainly want to :). Took me about 30 minutes or so to install, but I was taking my time and I'm new to all of this.

Shifting seems to be more responsive to me, like I'm getting the power from the engine sooner after shifting. I haven't felt any additional engine vibrations or heard any additional engine noise, but then I don't care too much about either of those and so I don't tend to pay too much attention to those.

GoofyGuy, thanks for all your hard work in making these available to us, and for your awesome customer service.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Well I guess I'll be the first to say. Grats on your "vendorhood" goofy...lol.

Edit: Well I guess I didn't see everyone else giving him props in other threads, so I am the first in this thread..lol.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The shifting is much smoother, well beyond what the K&N did. You don't feel anything in the cabin at all.

The vibration is damped by the brace, it's really more of a torque shock than a simple brace.

The only hard part is getting those two bolts into the L bracket. I had a bitch of a time getting 'em good and snug. I'm still not sure if they're 100% tight, but it's solid.

Like I said earlier, I could feel the wheels trying to hop, but it was TOTALLY sucked up by the brace. All you can feel is the wheels trying the 'surge' at the point where they should hop hard enough to rattle your teeth. I took like 1/8" off my tires trying to get it to hop.

·
Registered
629 Posts
you can also adjust the tension of the brace by turning the brace housing to the right i belive , so i think that makes it more tight and loose....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sp00ner said:
The shifting is much smoother, well beyond what the K&N did. You don't feel anything in the cabin at all.

The vibration is damped by the brace, it's really more of a torque shock than a simple brace.

The only hard part is getting those two bolts into the L bracket. I had a bitch of a time getting 'em good and snug. I'm still not sure if they're 100% tight, but it's solid.

Like I said earlier, I could feel the wheels trying to hop, but it was TOTALLY sucked up by the brace. All you can feel is the wheels trying the 'surge' at the point where they should hop hard enough to rattle your teeth. I took like 1/8" off my tires trying to get it to hop.
I know that it's not in the directions,but I decided to install the bolts from the engine bay side, so they would'nt interfer with the mounting bolt for the brace. There is plenty of clearence under the wheel well, and it was easy tightening them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Bent plate

My plate next to the motor is bent slightly now. Has anyone else seen this happen? As for interior vibration, I have noticed very small amounts nothing to complain about. I will more then likely install S.S. angle iron in place of the plate at the motor. Other then that a great product glad I got it from you Goofy.

·
Registered
563 Posts
okay i just have a question abouit this(yes i tried being cheap...) i tried to do along the same lines here without buying this brace i used one of those things (forgive me i can't think of the name for the life of me right now)that you just secure both sides and turn to tighten :(.... i still got wheel hop and ALOT of noise it's like i could hear every noise the motor made through the chassy now... first question: is this brace some sort of shock also because it seems to me that a stationary mount doesn't help... second thing: does this brace make the same noise???? i plan on getting one and planned on it from the start i was just trying my options an failed miserably

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
The brace has a Hard Rubber guts that allow +/- 5mm of travel. This rubber also keeps all the extra vibration out of the cabin.

I have done a install on a car where it was 100% behind the spring. Bitch to get to but still only took me 20mins on Riz908092380423's car.

As for bending that a first. Is your brace on a angle?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts