Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to Atco, NJ tomorrow early in the morning with a bunch of Pontiac GTP boys (fast ones...11-12sec). If anyone is from that area, please come up!! I'll be up there with a Red GTP, Blackberry SL2 and of course... my Silver Red Line :) I'll be sure to post my slips.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm not going to even post my times because they were horrible for a number of reasons. Only got 2 runs in and spun 1st, 2nd, and partial 3rd both times. Nothing impressive. LOCK ER' UP!

Edit: btw... this was my first time at a track evar!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Heh, didn't check the board until now. All I did was wax the RL today (McGuires Carnuba). It would have been cool to go. Send me a PM next time.

·
Registered
609 Posts
was it a 15.9?? I saw one at a track do that once. But hey i was scurrred my first time too, you will soon get better. What rpm were u droppin it at??

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not even goin to discuss because its not worth it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey man. I was the guy that told you I had a Blue one at home in Va Beach.

Don't be ashamed of your times! The tracked sucked that day. My GTP didn't like the cold track.
My first run was:
RT - .228
60' - 2.5 (2000 rpm launch and the tires went up in smoke)
1/4 - 13.93 (Car missing badly under heavy boost in 3rd)
MPH- 101.8

Scanned the car. It was running INSANE rich so I leaned it out and tried again.
second run:
RT - .203
60'- 1.87 ( 2200 rpm launch and tires still broke loose)
1/4 - 13.37 (still missing in third)
MPH- 106.xx

Took out the plugs and the gap had oped up considerably so I swappped in new plugs and went to try again but people kept breaking, oiling down the track, and the knuckle head in the Galant smaking the wall ended my day!
11 hours total round trip drive time
$110 in hotel rooms
$160 in gas for the Durango... I towed the GTP
$72 in tolls
???? in food

About $400 for 2 runs! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have done well on my second run...

I got first gear with no wheel spin. Then I shifted into 2nd with a chirp... but right where our torque peaks... BAM they broke loose. I said **** it and gave up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts