Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at companies that offer FWD traction soloutions and came accrost an interesting one.

Traction Bars

It seems like a fairly simple and affordable option for better traction. I sent them an e-mail to see if these can possibly be adapted for use on our cars. By the looks of the product and looking at the stock suspention it should work with little modification. Possibly these and improved engine mounts should help out alot. Anything to reduce wheel hop and improve traction cant be a bad thing.

Thoughts on this are welcome as I am not a suspention expert ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
If my understanding of it is correct, this system corrects torque steer by keeping the front lower control arms stationary in respects to the length of the car. It won't do jack for wheel hop, I don't think.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
keep it coming!

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had a huge prob with wheel hop on my srt, even with struts and springs it was still as bad, till i changed the motor mounts, and worked great, till i broke the motor mount bolts. What can you do.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We are prducing lower control arm bushings to fix this issue and to control wheel hop. Here is a pic of the SRT-4s that we make. They will be very similar.

And here is what they do

Read more about them here
Just a shout out for the Psi-Fi guys :)

I have these on my SRT4 and they are simply amazing, it made the car feel completly different! ZERO wheel hop and better 60 foot times :)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
how soon do you think they will be available and how much will they cost, becuase I'll buy as soon as they ready!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would definitely be interested in purchasing these as soon as you have some to sell.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Im sure everyone who owns the car wants to get rid of that evil wheel hop, i know i do as soon as i can so just let me know how much and i will get the check book

·
Registered
612 Posts
we make the solution for an srt-4 here it is, btw we are looking for somone in maryland to be our guinee pig for the red line, pm me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know how much power everyone in here is running, but I am running in a 04 RL with GM stage 2 with Jason Smith header and K&N CAI and I just installed the lower torque brace which joined with my upper mount torque brace have pretty much eliminated my wheel hop.

·
Registered
612 Posts
really? launch @ 4000 rpm and tell me if it's still there.

·
Registered
612 Posts
i bet you it as.

·
Registered
377 Posts
wasntme said:
really? launch @ 4000 rpm and tell me if it's still there.
2004 rl. i have no torque braces, no poly bbushings, no traction bar.
if i drop the clutch at any rpm i have no wheel hop. but i spin the crap out of the tires.
i only get it if i let the clutch out slowly. and than only occasionally. but it does suck when my wheels hop. it turned my windshield wipers on once. that cant be good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.